Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Default User Verification (Anti-Robot / CAPTCHA)

Hi Everyone,

To start with, i'd really appreciate it if some people familiar with the ZC 1.3.x codebase could have a look at this and let me know if i've got everything right -- this is my first attempt at porting anything of significance to 1.3.x, so bear with me -- please.

So, this is basically a straight port of the echazen Anti-Robot Registration System to ZC 1.3.x -- it's been improved a bit to use the message stack system for errors (so people not using Javascript can see that they need to enter the validation code), but is otherwise pretty straight forward.

I've only ported the bits for the 'create_account' page over, if I get time and there's any interest (and I get pointers on how to cosmetically fix it up to look snazzy) -- i'll do the 'login' pages and post an update.

With this code, I can make a new account -- so i'd like the think what i've done works so far.

There's a README in the archive that explains how to install it.

Cheers,

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User Verification (Anti-Robot / CAPTCHA)

Very nice, I have been searching for something like this for some time now. I will try it and see if I can get this to work... Thanx,

/Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

Glad to know it's done.

Plugin Contributions

I seem to have some problem to install it... I did everything like written in the Read_me-file but...

It seems to be something wrong with the sql-file. the db don't accept all file, seems to stop in the middle. I tried to upload it throu the admin interface and it shows only like the first 2 rows...

When I go to the registration screen, nothing is shown here from CAPTCHA, it looks just the same as usual.

I found in admin under Configuration the Anti-Reg 2.0-menu but it's all blank, no options here. Are there suppose to be ? Is there somewhere else that I should change something ? Nothing under Customer Details also...

What am I doing wrong ?

Regards,

/Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

Tried again on a clean sql:

The second INSERT INTO from CAPTCHA.sql:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Activate Anti-Reg V2.0 Registration', 'ACCOUNT_VALIDATION', 'true', 'Enables Anti-Reg V2.0 Verification Code . This is used to verify that the customer is an actual HUMAN. No more "ROBOTS!".', 35, 10, '2006-08-07 17:00:00', '2006-08-07 17:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

gives the message:
    Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1.

Same for the rest where it starts with INSERT INTO configuration...

My tables are called configuration, not zen_configuration...

Need help...

/Typhoon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Code:
    VALUES ('',
    should be
    Code:
    VALUES (NULL,
    in order to be compatible with MySQL5

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Super, thanx, it took care of that problem. Now I have four options in Configuration/Anti-Reg V2.0. Does it suppose to be more options somewhere else ?

Next: Still nothing is shown on the registration page, it looks like normal, no user verification, even if everything is set to ON (true) in admin. Anyone got any clues ?

Regards,
    /Typhoon
    Last edited by Typhoon; 13 Aug 2006 at 12:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

If the above is the case, I could always post my version but, since it would seem that manual instructions are not allowed to be posted, I don't how I could give my inputs on this one, since it requires manual insertions into the overrides files (even a README instruction file wouldn't do it, since it requires precision but 'colors' would do it).

Anyway, if anyone would be willing to have my version of this, perhaps it could be arranged.

Plugin Contributions

I would like to try to get this one to work first, it feels like I'm close.. Just need a little more help...

But if noone can help me, I would like to try your version, Oracle..

Why not to prepere it, do a readme.txt, zip all files needed and put it here also ?

Regards,
    /Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

I'd suggest not using the same thread for two different add-ons whether for the similar code or different code as the problems are not related and will only cause confusion ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast