Plugin Contributions

Default Orders- Update status of order, delete order or print order paperwork.

Hi Guys, I am learning the ins and outs of Zen cart. When a customer makes an order, and the order is processed, payment sorted etc, what do we do once the order is copmleted, set it to 'Update' ? I am not sure ? then we delete it after printing the invoice ? any ideas and pointers would be great.

Cheers
    Dan.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders- Update status of order, delete order or print order paperwork.

You can do whatever you like.

By default, Zen Cart comes preconfigured with 4 order status levels:

- Pending (meaning payment has not been received yet ... thus not processing the order yet)
    - Processing (meaning payment received ... working on processing the order)
    - Shipping (meaning you've shipped the order ... basically it's "done" at this point)
    - Update (only used for downloadable products when you need to re-activate an expired download)

Many shopowners leave orders in Processing status. Some will update them to Shipping (perhaps rename Shipping to Shipped). Still others add lots more status levels.
    If you have some other accounting system where you record all your orders in full detail, then you might consider deleting orders from Zen Cart admin ... but if Zen Cart is the only place where you store those details, it would be wise to keep your data there until you are no longer required to retain the details. Keeping the data online also allows you to run reports.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders- Update status of order, delete order or print order paperwork.

Thanks for the info DrByte, this is all new to me so am learning as I go along . How do I go about changing 'Shipping' to 'Shipped' and maybe add a category 'Order Complete' ?

Cheers
    Dan.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    Admin > Localisation > Order Status

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    You can do whatever you like.

By default, Zen Cart comes preconfigured with 4 order status levels:

- Pending (meaning payment has not been received yet ... thus not processing the order yet)
    - Processing (meaning payment received ... working on processing the order)
    - Shipping (meaning you've shipped the order ... basically it's "done" at this point)
    - Update (only used for downloadable products when you need to re-activate an expired download)

Many shopowners leave orders in Processing status. Some will update them to Shipping (perhaps rename Shipping to Shipped). Still others add lots more status levels.
    If you have some other accounting system where you record all your orders in full detail, then you might consider deleting orders from Zen Cart admin ... but if Zen Cart is the only place where you store those details, it would be wise to keep your data there until you are no longer required to retain the details. Keeping the data online also allows you to run reports.
    Dandownunder said: Thanks for the info DrByte, this is all new to me so am learning as I go along . How do I go about changing 'Shipping' to 'Shipped' and maybe add a category 'Order Complete' ?

Additionally, may I ask...... how to add the status "Cancelled"

Thank you.
    K.N.

Plugin Contributions

In Admin,
    -> Localization
    --> Orders Status

=============
    Pending (default)
    Processing
    Delivered
    Update
    ==============

The above texts and contents can be modified.
    However, the sort orders of them should not be altered.

And for more status, just add it and to follow the above items.

A New Starter again

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys, just what I was looking for

Dan.