Plugin Contributions

Default Items not having tax added...

I have just discovered that none of the items in my store are getting tax added to them! My store is based in Japan.

For each individual item in my store, I have chosen Taxable Goods, and in Admin/Tax Rates I have chosen Taxable Goods, with the following fields: Zone Japan, Tax Rate 5%, Description JPN TAX 5.0%, and Priority 1.

I guess it must be something simple... I hope so, anyway!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Items not having tax added...

What are your settings for "Basis of Product Tax" and "Basis of Shipping Tax" in Admin->Configuration->My Store?

If it's set to Store and you have no zone set in the My Store->Zone setting, then you'll get no taxes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm... Well, both "Basis of Product Tax" and "Basis of Shipping Tax” were set to Shipping Address...

I had no Zone for Japan set up so I made one for Japan in Locations/Taxes in the Zones area... (For the Code I made my own code, JAP. I wonder if that is OK or are there specific codes that need to be used??)

Back in My Store - Zone I now have Japan appearing in the popup menu...

I then changed both "Basis of Product Tax" and "Basis of Shipping Tax” to Store. I relogged in but still at checkout no Tax or Tax field shows up...

I changed "Basis of Product Tax" and "Basis of Shipping Tax”back to Shipping and tried again, but not go...

Wonder what I should try next?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I managed to fixed the problem. Don’t exactly know how as I am not sure what I had set wrong... Here is what I did...

Japan has no zones so I deleted the zone that I had made previously.

In Locations / Taxes - Zone Definitions I made a zone for Japan and chose ‘All Zones‘ from the popup menu.

Within Configuration/My Store nothing is displayed in the Zone popup menu.

In Configuration/My Store I turned to FALSE ‘Display Prices with Tax‘.

In the same area, for ‘Basis of Product Tax‘ and ‘Basis of Shipping Tax‘ I chose Shipping...

It is working fine now!