Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Placed but no record of it found in Cart!! PayPal CHARSET

Refunding $0.01 does work, you just have to wait until paypal releases its hold on the refund. Why does refunding make the orders show? I am interested.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helmetman
    Why does refunding make the orders show?
    Because it tells the PayPal server to try notifying your site about the order one more time. During a refund, it is also not trying to do a proper order-release which matches on dollar amount and currency.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helmetman
    It would be very nice if there were a module for adding orders, and you can select the customer from a drop down list and the product and the order status and then add it to the customers account. You could use the "view stuck paypal orders" module to get the product # and stuff. Then you would not have to email the customer his download or manually add the order with MySQL.
    That would be a bandage and not a proper fix. The true fix is to ensure that your paypal communications is happening properly.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    That would be a bandage and not a proper fix. The true fix is to ensure that your paypal communications is happening properly.
    It can also be used for ordering over the phone.

Plugin Contributions

weird, this started happening to me yesterday. Ive had my store opened for 6 months with no problems and now two orders came out of nowhere. The first time I just thought somehow the person just sent me money through Paypal, but the second time I tried that penny return thing and the order popped up.

I haven't changed anything in my files and I've had other orders go through just fine, do you think this is something weird going on with paypal or could it be something else?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yahaira
    do you think this is something weird going on with paypal or could it be something else?
    Yes ... PayPal's servers have problems from time to time, and there may be delays in sending notifications to your store. Sometimes these delays may even go longer than the 48 hours during which PayPal repeatedly tries to connect to your store to notify you of a purchase.

I've observed, based on posts from numerous other storeowners, that about once a month PayPal's servers seem to have a hiccup for a day or two. You may or may not be affected by this.

Plugin Contributions

Hi There

Well as I am still having major issues with my paypal for international transactions, I contacted paypal this morning, twice in fact. I explained the problem I am having in great detail and mentioned that there are other zen store owners having similar issues as stated in this thead. They were very polite.

They are going to look into this in depth and get back to me within 48 hours. In the mean time they will more than likely visit the forum and have a look around in the hope to gain a better understanding of Zen and hopefully without too much drama aid in a resolution.

I will report back later!!

Plugin Contributions

NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!
    After I spent 1 and 1/2 hours on the phone to Paypal, I found a thread with a solution

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47611

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That "solution" is documented in the PayPal Troubleshooting FAQ:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    That "solution" is documented in the PayPal Troubleshooting FAQ:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal
    Thanks Doc for the update!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast