Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Product Type

As long as I'm tossing stuff out:

4. I don't know if it really matters, but my auction product isn't showing a difference between price net and price gross.
    5. Where in the admin section do you view and change auction information? Like cancelling a bid, for example?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mzimmers View Post
    1. it appears that there's a placeholder in the tpl_product_auction_info_display.php file for an "ask a question" area, but it's essentially empty. Is this by design?
    Yes... it's in the 'Free Software Add Ons' section of this site. I use it, but had to remove the code.... don't thank many others do.

2. it might have been my messing around, but there seems to be a bug that arises when I reload a page after bidding. It duplicates the entry in the previous bid list, and updates the bid counter.
    3. during testing, my initial bid was rejected as being too small, even though it was exactly the starting price.
    It's not that strong of code so it wouldn't be to hard to break it. I'll have to see if I can reproduce it.

I've also made several cosmetic changes, which can be seen here:
    Looks nice... I do like the seconds counting down through, even through it doesn't really need it. I've gone back to the default design so to make it easier for site designers to work with.

4. I don't know if it really matters, but my auction product isn't showing a difference between price net and price gross.
    This is in admin for some reason to calculate tax, but without knowing the finish auction price, how do you tax it! My tax is done at checkout according to the state it ships to... I know everyone may be different, so I left it in... thinking about removing it all and not doing tax calculations at the product creation side.

5. Where in the admin section do you view and change auction information? Like cancelling a bid, for example?
    Auction manager... right now, theirs no way you can remove just one bid without editing the product and fixing the current price.... The database doesn't have a storage spot for it.... I was thinking the other day it would be nice to have the ability for admin to cancel one.... but would it be far to the other bidders! Do Overs!
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Hey, Dave –

Thanks for the detailed answers. I'd like to put a vote in for a feature to cancel bids. This could be very useful for a variety of reasons.

Do you know whether anyone has built a sidebox to display an auctioned item? I'm planning on offering one item for auction per week, and I'd like to give it some attention in a sidebox. I know kuroi has built a blank sidebox for general purpose, but...I haven't yet cracked the ZC code on how to build a link to a particular item.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mzimmers View Post
    Hey, Dave –

Thanks for the detailed answers. I'd like to put a vote in for a feature to cancel bids. This could be very useful for a variety of reasons.

Do you know whether anyone has built a sidebox to display an auctioned item? I'm planning on offering one item for auction per week, and I'd like to give it some attention in a sidebox. I know kuroi has built a blank sidebox for general purpose, but...I haven't yet cracked the ZC code on how to build a link to a particular item.

Thanks.
    Working on the delete bid button today......Put a on/off switch on the clock per-item, cleaned up the pricing, fixed the dates so that wont course errors again, did some more house cleaning, bids was last on my list..

Sidebox was done and will be out with the next update... tons of switches much the same as the product list. Running on my site already.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

hello. i installed your addon and i have a problem with my template. i use cherry_zen template but i modified it a little. all page works but at the auction product it's messed up. my link is http://andysuciu.dyndns.org/licenta_...=index&cPath=9. can you tell me what to modify or where to look to make it look ok when auctioning. thank you.

Plugin Contributions

A quick question.
    I need an auction section for a client's website.
    I don't want the auction site to be in any way connected to or working via ebay or some other auction site, I want everything to be processed through Zencart and my client's payment gateways.

I need to know if this particular addon works in the manner I described above.

Plugin Contributions

Short answer... Yes.

Items are converted to 'auction' type and it's a simple matter to do - same back-end, same functions. The only thing we changed was the amount of bids displaying on the page.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

That's perfect!
    Just what I've been looking for

Plugin Contributions

database error Re: Auction Product Type

Good morning all,

I was wondering if you could help me, I am trying to install Zen Auction 1.2 into my Zen Cart.

All files transfered ok but when I try and run the SQL script through SQL patches from Zen Cart tools, I get a full screen of errors as follows:

1062 Duplicate entry 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_product_type_layout VALUES ('','Show Model Number', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL', '1', 'Display Model Number on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '1', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Weight', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_WEIGHT', '1', 'Display Weight on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '2', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Attribute Weight', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_WEIGHT_ATTRIBUTES', '1', 'Display Attribute Weight on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '3', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Manufacturer', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MANUFACTURER', '1', 'Display Manufacturer Name on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '4', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Quantity in Shopping Cart', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_IN_CART_QTY', '1', 'Display Quantity in Current Shopping Cart on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '5', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Quantity in Stock', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_QUANTITY', '1', 'Display Quantity in Stock on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '6', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Product Reviews Count', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_REVIEWS_COUNT', '1', 'Display Product Reviews Count on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '7', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Product Reviews Button', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_REVIEWS', '1', 'Display Product Reviews Button on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '8', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Date Available', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_DATE_AVAILABLE', '1', 'Display Date Available on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '9', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Date Added', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_DATE_ADDED', '1', 'Display Date Added on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '10', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Product URL', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_URL', '1', 'Display URL on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '11', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Starting At text on Price', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_STARTING_AT', '1', 'Display Starting At text on products with attributes Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '12', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Product Tell a Friend button', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_TELL_A_FRIEND', '1', 'Display the Tell a Friend button on Product Info

Note: Turning this setting off does not affect the Tell a Friend box in the columns and turning off the Tell a Friend box does not affect the button
    0= off 1= on', @t4, '13', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Product Free Shipping Image Status - Catalog', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_ALWAYS_FREE_SHIPPING_IMAGE_SWITCH', '0', 'Show the Free Shipping image/text in the catalog?', @t4, '14', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''Yes''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''No'')), '), ('','Show Reserve Price or not!', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_RESERVE_INFO', '1', 'Display Reserve price Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '15', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Product Price Tax Class Default - When adding new products?', 'DEFAULT_PRODUCT_AUCTION_TAX_CLASS_ID', '0', 'What should the Product Price Tax Class Default ID be when adding new products?', @t4, '16', now(), now(), NULL, ''), ('','Product Virtual Default Status - Skip Shipping Address - When adding new products?', 'DEFAULT_PRODUCT_AUCTION_PRODUCTS_VIRTUAL', '0', 'Default Virtual Product status to be ON when adding new products?', @t4, '17', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Product Free Shipping Default Status - Normal Shipping Rules - When adding new products?', 'DEFAULT_PRODUCT_AUCTION_PRODUCTS_IS_ALWAYS_FREE_SHIPPING', '0', 'What should the Default Free Shipping status be when adding new products?', @t4, '18', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')),'), ('','Show Product Additional Images', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES', '1', 'Display Additional Images on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '19', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Show Product Additional Shipping Images', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_FREE_SHIPPING_INFO_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES', '1', 'Display Additional Free shipping Images on Product Info 0= off 1= on', @t4, '20', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Show Metatags Title Default - Product Title', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_METATAGS_TITLE_STATUS', '1', 'Display Product Title in Meta Tags Title 0= off 1= on', @t4, '21', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Show Metatags Title Default - Product Name', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_METATAGS_PRODUCTS_NAME_STATUS', '1', 'Display Product Name in Meta Tags Title 0= off 1= on', @t4, '22', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Show Metatags Title Default - Product Model', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_METATAGS_MODEL_STATUS', '1', 'Display Product Model in Meta Tags Title 0= off 1= on', @t4, '23', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Show Metatags Title Default - Product Price', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_METATAGS_PRICE_STATUS', '1', 'Display Product Price in Meta Tags Title 0= off 1= on', @t4, '24', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), '), ('','Show Metatags Title Default - Product Tagline', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_METATAGS_TITLE_TAGLINE_STATUS', '1', 'Display Product Tagline in Meta Tags Title 0= off 1= on', @t4, '25', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(''id''=>''1'', ''text''=>''True''), array(''id''=>''0'', ''text''=>''False'')), ');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I have tried un-installing the script several times and had a look inside the SQL DB but still no joy. Can you please help? :

Thanks

Martin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by What To Get View Post
    I have tried un-installing the script several times and had a look inside the SQL DB but still no joy. Can you please help?
    The sql is finding the key already there is why the error... The uninstall sql should have removed the auction form your database. Try the update sql, it should clean up the database and install the right keys.
    Dave

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast