Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Product Type

Quote Originally Posted by efman View Post
    I couldnt get the "buy it now" button to work either (I have 1.37)

But the auction part is working. I'd like the Buy it Now however.
    I have just installed it on 1.3.8a and still no buy it now button, I guess i will look further at the code to see what is happening and why it isnt doing it. Just wish i knew more about php.

Plugin Contributions

I must report that I finished my auction and it worked well.

A couple of notes for whoever is tackling this:

1) There is no way to view bids in the Admin panel

2) Should have a setting to display first name and initial for each bid. Peoples full names dont really go over well.

3) Please fix the "buy it now" problem.

It seems a shame that this great mod works well for the harder elements of the script, but the smaller less significant parts are unsolved. Kudos to Ian C Wilson for developing it this far. Can someone finish it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by efman View Post
    I must report that I finished my auction and it worked well.

A couple of notes for whoever is tackling this:

1) There is no way to view bids in the Admin panel

2) Should have a setting to display first name and initial for each bid. Peoples full names dont really go over well.

3) Please fix the "buy it now" problem.

It seems a shame that this great mod works well for the harder elements of the script, but the smaller less significant parts are unsolved. Kudos to Ian C Wilson for developing it this far. Can someone finish it?
    You will have more issues coming up. I do have it installed running on Zen 1.38a
    Many of administration options are "lacking" in other word you can not control mostly anything
    AND ... if there are bids and item is NOT sold, forget it to relist it, keep old bid information upon "relist (changing dates). better delete that auction/porduct rather than "relisting"

I think this must be re-written from scratch

Marcelo

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know of any workable alternatives to this mod? Since eBay has started to run people off with their changes and the number of people have left eBay I can see where something like this would come into more of a demand. I know their is a lot of sellers out there that are going other places now. Personally I'd like to see a version of ZC written and optimized to become an auction site. I know that would be a more than major undertaking though and really beyond the primary purpose of ZC so instead I'll settle for a mod to have auctions on my ZC.

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded and installed the 0.95 version on Zen Cart 1.3.8a It took me a little while to get it up and running, but it seemed interesting.

There were some small items that I thought should be changed, so I made the changes...

I added a Minimum Bid Increase (so you cant just raise by 1 penny).
    I inhibited the ability for someone to bid against themself.

I will be taking a look at the Bid Now missing button. I agree that full names listed in the bid history isnt a great idea... Maybe just the customer ID number?
    Relisting an item is a problem, but cloning the item would solve the history problem. I would have to give that some thought. I wasnt really focused on the admin side (other than the minimum bid increase problem) this time around.

I have to diff the source tree that I have running in my sandbox with the 1.3.8a base release to figure out all the changes I made, but it shouldnt be too bad. I have tools for that.

I would like to package it up and send the changes back to the author, but I cannot seem to figure out who that is...

Is there some CVS tree that has this code?

Anyone know??
    Arnold

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bramnick View Post
    I would like to package it up and send the changes back to the author, but I cannot seem to figure out who that is...
    I believe that the original author may have been Ian Wilson who is one of the Zen Cart developers (forum ID: Wilt), and that it was written long ago for a now defunct version of Zen Cart, so some updating is helpful.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, here i go :) Craftzombie installed the auction mod for me back when I had 1.3.7. and it worked great (even though the email issues were still an issue) When I upgraded, it appeared to all still be in working condition. However, i found an issue. You can bid, etc but when the auction is over, the winning bidder is supposed to be able to click the pay button......and the amount always comes up $0.00 no matter what the winning bid was.

we never did figure out the email issues, but like many here, with ebay sellers flocking away from ebay in droves...it would be nice to get an updated workable version.

any suggestions on the $0.00 issue or where a new and functional mod can be found?

thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

The version I have doesnt seem to experience your problem. I am in the process of cleaning up my mods and doing a test install to make sure they work. I will package it all up and post it when it is done.

There are some changes I want to make (like hiding the bidder's name) and I want to check out the buy now button problem others have reported, but I have not had a chance. I decided that cleaning up my source tree was more important at the moment.

Plugin Contributions

OK I broke out the code mods into a separate source tree and successfully installed in on top of a clean 1.3.8a system. It works.

I uploaded it to the contribution area as a new version for the auction product type.

It is being reviewed and should be published shortly.

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

awesome!!! will i be able to just install it over the old mod? cause lord knows I dont know how to uninstall old mod.....LOL

Please let me know when it goes public :))
    thanks!

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast