Plugin Contributions

Any reason not to use 1.2.7?

Greetings! I am about to do a new install of ZC and want to use a template designed for v. 1.2.x. Does anybody know of a reason (security, functionality) to use 1.2.7 and not to use the most current version of 1.3?

On a side note, does anybody have any tips to make a 1.2.x template work in 1.3.x?

Please let me know your thoughts. I might have to bit the bullet and just install 1.3 and mimic the template. Oh the horror! :)

Thanks!!

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any reason not to use 1.2.7?

1.3.0.2 has an awful lot of new things, bugfixes, security management that lack in v1.2.7

You will need to upgrade one day to v1.3.x or higher and will kick yourself for not having started out with v1.3.0.2
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Are there major changes in the way templates are used in 1.3? My management bought a template for 1.2.x without consulting with me, so I need to figure out a way to use it or recreate it.

Do you think that it would take a lot of work to adapt a 1.2 template to work with 1.3?

Thanks a million!!

Plugin Contributions

Major? naw ... only 100% totally different ...

To adapt v1.2 template to v1.3 would depend on the template and the talent of the designer ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!