Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

I just got off the phone with paypal sales and they told me there is a new product coming out in a week or so called paypal 2.0
    It will be similare to payments pro, and will be compatible with ZEN.

This news if true is what I personally have been waiting for.
    If someone has the scoop on what this new system entails please post it here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

whats the difference between the way that paypal works currently with zen cart and the 2.0 ?

Plugin Contributions

Currently when a customer wants to pay with a credit card, they must choose paypal then select that they dont want a paypal account, then enter the credit card info off of your website.

Paypal 2.0 supposedly will add a credit card entry form to your website check out and the customer wont even know they are using paypals service.

Plugin Contributions

ok i want one

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

What's the difference between PayPal 2.0 and Website Payments Pro?
    Leslie Riggs
    theonlineworks.com

Plugin Contributions

ok i wish this would happen . i just started using Cardservice International/linkpoint and shipping and order tracking has changed from brainless to a pain in my a**.

now i have to cut and paste each and every line of the address over to a different shipping (click n ship or endicia) which is a pain. It's also much harder to track what orders have shipped and what ones still need to go out. with paypal all i had to do was look for the ones with the "ship" button next to the payment. now i need to organize the paypal payments with the cred it card payments and pay close attention to what has gone out and what hasn't.

i tried using Zen-Cart Order Manager but there is a file missing in the download (zencartserverimport.dll)

I was going to try the QBI but the author said its coming out with a update soon so i figured id wait.

for both of these i also need to learn how to use quickbooks, which I'm sure is well worth the time spent.

anyways I hope paypal 2.0 is real, could save us a ton of time and PITA: ) as it sits I'm thinking about canceling my credit card service and sticking with the old paypal.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you marking orders as "shipped" in Zen Cart ? (I believe it's called "Delivered" by default)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

well i am now . previously i wasn't because paypal kept track of it for me . thing is i have two websites and ebay that i take orders from . now i have to organize it all to keep track of what's going on. when i only took paypal it was super easy because all the orders that needed to go out had a little ship button next to them and the ones that had shipped had a track this order button next to them. no way to mess that up. also, cut and pasting 15-30 addresses a day is a real pain verses paypal where all the shipping info is already plugged in.

i will give it some time and see if i can get one of the above solutions to work, i like the idea of learning to use quickbooks if these modules work well with it.

maybe this phantom paypal 2.0 will turn out to really exist by the time i figure it all out : )
    Last edited by snarkys; 22 Aug 2006 at 05:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok i called paypal and talked to the merchant services and apparentely this paypal 2.0 went live last Friday . they call it "paypal payflow edition" or just paypal 2.0

I'm really clueless when it comes to this stuff but he said something about how it works with verisign and something about on the backend and should work on just about every cart there is with API. Costs $20 a month.

I will let ya know if i am able to get this up and running , if i can do it anyone can : )

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently waiting for one of the guys there to call me back .

once the account is set up anyone have a clue how to set this up on the zen cart . he told me its really easy to set up and it just uses API. I told him i have no idea what API is and he said it doesn't matter, after i get the account set up he will direct me to someone who can help me get it working on the cart.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast