Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

I just got off the phone with paypal sales and they told me there is a new product coming out in a week or so called paypal 2.0
    It will be similare to payments pro, and will be compatible with ZEN.

This news if true is what I personally have been waiting for.
    If someone has the scoop on what this new system entails please post it here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

whats the difference between the way that paypal works currently with zen cart and the 2.0 ?

Plugin Contributions

Currently when a customer wants to pay with a credit card, they must choose paypal then select that they dont want a paypal account, then enter the credit card info off of your website.

Paypal 2.0 supposedly will add a credit card entry form to your website check out and the customer wont even know they are using paypals service.

Plugin Contributions

ok i want one

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

What's the difference between PayPal 2.0 and Website Payments Pro?
    Leslie Riggs
    theonlineworks.com

Plugin Contributions

ok i wish this would happen . i just started using Cardservice International/linkpoint and shipping and order tracking has changed from brainless to a pain in my a**.

now i have to cut and paste each and every line of the address over to a different shipping (click n ship or endicia) which is a pain. It's also much harder to track what orders have shipped and what ones still need to go out. with paypal all i had to do was look for the ones with the "ship" button next to the payment. now i need to organize the paypal payments with the cred it card payments and pay close attention to what has gone out and what hasn't.

i tried using Zen-Cart Order Manager but there is a file missing in the download (zencartserverimport.dll)

I was going to try the QBI but the author said its coming out with a update soon so i figured id wait.

for both of these i also need to learn how to use quickbooks, which I'm sure is well worth the time spent.

anyways I hope paypal 2.0 is real, could save us a ton of time and PITA: ) as it sits I'm thinking about canceling my credit card service and sticking with the old paypal.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

I am trying to find out the same scoop.

The difference right now is when a customer chooses pay pal they are redirected to the pay pal site and can use either a credit card or pay pal account even if they dont have a pay pal account they can use a credit card. The new system Payments pro allows the customer to stay on your site when using a credit card just as if you had any other payment processor installed, they only have to redirect to pay pal site to use their pay pal account for the funds.

I believe I lose alot of sales if a person sees just pay pal and isnt either familiar with them, or if they do not know they can use any major credit card even without a pay pal account. Basically Pay Pal has now become there own payment processor gateway with cheaper fees then the other credit card processing companies.

So if anyone knows if payments can be used with any versions of zen cart i need to know as well, I have one site from 2 years ago and one I am developing right now so if the older versions can now handle payments pro that would be valuable info for me as well.

Greg
    NYCG

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Greg, a response is posted in your original thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44776

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkcustomgolf
    I am trying to find out the same scoop.

The difference right now is when a customer chooses pay pal they are redirected to the pay pal site and can use either a credit card or pay pal account even if they dont have a pay pal account they can use a credit card. The new system Payments pro allows the customer to stay on your site when using a credit card just as if you had any other payment processor installed, they only have to redirect to pay pal site to use their pay pal account for the funds.

I believe I lose alot of sales if a person sees just pay pal and isnt either familiar with them, or if they do not know they can use any major credit card even without a pay pal account. Basically Pay Pal has now become there own payment processor gateway with cheaper fees then the other credit card processing companies.

So if anyone knows if payments can be used with any versions of zen cart i need to know as well, I have one site from 2 years ago and one I am developing right now so if the older versions can now handle payments pro that would be valuable info for me as well.

Greg
    NYCG

just as a FYI you can easliy use card services international /linkpoint to take credit cards directly .

im still working with paypal to get this paypal 2.0 (pay flow) working . my accounts all set up and now i need to download tool to put it on my site and call this other number so they can walk me through the install . i have been too busy to get it done and i am currently getting more used to using link point. once its finished i should be able to take credit cards directly through paypal without the customer leaving my site or knowing that they just used paypal. who knows it it will really work like they say.

Plugin Contributions

snarkys, its gonna work just like the verisign payflowpro

cause thats what it is.

remember paypal bought verisign
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast