Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

Hi Snarkys,
    It seems you have been luckier than many to have used paypal for so long with no problems. Have you ever had a need to contact Paypal directly (i.e. for technical issues, chargebacks, transaction disputes, etc.)? That is when one usually realizes how crummy their services are. But maybe they will have a different support line for this new gateway.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voltage
    Hi Snarkys,
    It seems you have been luckier than many to have used paypal for so long with no problems. Have you ever had a need to contact Paypal directly (i.e. for technical issues, chargebacks, transaction disputes, etc.)? That is when one usually realizes how crummy their services are. But maybe they will have a different support line for this new gateway.

well yes and no . like 5 years ago i had to deal with a charge back and it was a headache but for the last 5 years I've had no issues with them. for a small business (15-30) packages a day they make things pretty simple to use and keep things well organized. i really dislike all the cutting and pasting and double checking every order to make sure i know what ones went out as i go back and forth threw normal paypal and my new credit card payments with link point. guess i will let ya know how this ends up working out. i personally have no issue with paying the $20 a month to remove both of those things.

Plugin Contributions

Is this the same as their Gatway tools??

Looks very expensive.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ateway-pricing

I reaaly need some automated tools.

I"m thinking about going with these guys. Anyone have experiance.
    Its a page on Zen so i am thinging they have to be a better alternitive
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=30
    I donno they seem to good to be true. Calling them on monday.
    Last edited by milobloom; 26 Aug 2006 at 12:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by milobloom

I"m thinking about going with these guys. Anyone have experiance.
    Its a page on Zen so i am thinging they have to be a better alternitive
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=30
    I donno they seem to good to be true. Calling them on monday.

I started useing them last week and it was super easy to set up and works well . just takes a bit more work on the shiping end and order tracking using Zen Cart admin area vs my PayPal account.

Plugin Contributions

So many nightmares about Paypal holding peoples money.
    They did for us too! $300 for 3 months!

We take out the money daily just to be safe.

Forgot about the tradeoff. The tracking & Shipping is sooo easy with Paypal.
    Is there a USPS interface with Zencart? Something that will put the address right into USPS web site?

Argh. Paypal sucks and is the best in the same token.
    Oh also. Paypal doesnt charge for Chargebacks or extra for Amex.

I guess I hope I can get this interface soon.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by milobloom

Forgot about the tradeoff. The tracking & Shipping is sooo easy with Paypal.
    Is there a USPS interface with Zencart? Something that will put the address right into USPS web site?
    well you can try QBI to export to quickbooks and then use quickbooks to ship with shiprush.

you can also try Zen-Cart Order Manager which uses quickbooks and endicia

both obviously require you to purchase and learn how to use quickbooks. which im sure is a good idea anyways .

btw this guy has been helping me day by day to set this up. apparently there was a problem with my SS# and changing my account to a full fledged business account . anyways he calls me every day and we get a bit farther : ) kinda nice that i don't have to track him down. If i was in a hurry i guess it would suck.
    Last edited by snarkys; 28 Aug 2006 at 03:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

This will give me an excuse to finally get my accounting right.
    I have Peachtree, But I guess that wont work with it.
    So much to do....

Milo

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

I am trying to find out the same scoop.

The difference right now is when a customer chooses pay pal they are redirected to the pay pal site and can use either a credit card or pay pal account even if they dont have a pay pal account they can use a credit card. The new system Payments pro allows the customer to stay on your site when using a credit card just as if you had any other payment processor installed, they only have to redirect to pay pal site to use their pay pal account for the funds.

I believe I lose alot of sales if a person sees just pay pal and isnt either familiar with them, or if they do not know they can use any major credit card even without a pay pal account. Basically Pay Pal has now become there own payment processor gateway with cheaper fees then the other credit card processing companies.

So if anyone knows if payments can be used with any versions of zen cart i need to know as well, I have one site from 2 years ago and one I am developing right now so if the older versions can now handle payments pro that would be valuable info for me as well.

Greg
    NYCG

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Greg, a response is posted in your original thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44776

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkcustomgolf
    I am trying to find out the same scoop.

The difference right now is when a customer chooses pay pal they are redirected to the pay pal site and can use either a credit card or pay pal account even if they dont have a pay pal account they can use a credit card. The new system Payments pro allows the customer to stay on your site when using a credit card just as if you had any other payment processor installed, they only have to redirect to pay pal site to use their pay pal account for the funds.

I believe I lose alot of sales if a person sees just pay pal and isnt either familiar with them, or if they do not know they can use any major credit card even without a pay pal account. Basically Pay Pal has now become there own payment processor gateway with cheaper fees then the other credit card processing companies.

So if anyone knows if payments can be used with any versions of zen cart i need to know as well, I have one site from 2 years ago and one I am developing right now so if the older versions can now handle payments pro that would be valuable info for me as well.

Greg
    NYCG

just as a FYI you can easliy use card services international /linkpoint to take credit cards directly .

im still working with paypal to get this paypal 2.0 (pay flow) working . my accounts all set up and now i need to download tool to put it on my site and call this other number so they can walk me through the install . i have been too busy to get it done and i am currently getting more used to using link point. once its finished i should be able to take credit cards directly through paypal without the customer leaving my site or knowing that they just used paypal. who knows it it will really work like they say.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast