Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal 2.0 for zen cart

What needs to be done to the module to update it.

Plugin Contributions

well lets see, if they have DOZENS of folks using it, I would more point to server setup,

there really hasnt been alot of function change on payment or shipping mods since 1.2 till now
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

So maybe in phpmyadmin there are some settings that need to be looked at?

Plugin Contributions

im curious , what is it that you hope payflow will do for you that card services international wont ?

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=30

seems the pricing is pretty much the same

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ricing-outside

what is the percentage that payflow charges per transaction?

*EDIT*
    according to this page they don't charge a percentage per transaction. just the monthly fee and 10 cents a transaction . that's a pretty huge savings. would save me at least $300 a month if that were true.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ile-comparison
    Last edited by snarkys; 28 Sep 2006 at 07:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Look here:

It says:

"The prices listed are for the Payflow gateways only and do not include additional fees that your bank or card association may charge."

So no, it doesn't include the transaction fees. This is only the gateway fee.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voltage
    Look here:

It says:

"The prices listed are for the Payflow gateways only and do not include additional fees that your bank or card association may charge."

So no, it doesn't include the transaction fees. This is only the gateway fee.
    got ya , ok so why even bother with this then ?

Plugin Contributions

Maybe it's unclear what service I have signed up for, so I will show you the welcome email I got from paypal

This service is being called paypal 2.0 If you don't beleive me please call paypal and ask them your self.
    Here is the phone number 888 847 2747
    This service is $20 per month. No set up fee and includes payflow pro
    Here is the welcome email.
    Thank you for choosing PayPal for your payment processing needs. Please save this e-mail as it contains important information on activating your PayPal Services.

SERVICES ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT
    PayPal has set up your account with Website Payments Pro, Paypal Express Checkout and Payflow Pro® Service for no setup fee.

TRANSACTION FEES

Payflow Pro® Service - You will be billed $0.00 for every transaction.

Website Payments Pro - You will be billed 2.20-2.90% of the transaction amount + $0.30 based on historical volume. You will receive the proceeds of each transaction net of fees.

Example: If you process a transaction for $100.00 at a rate of 0.00% + $0.30, you will receive $99.70 ($100.00 - $0.00 - $0.30).

PayPal Express Checkout - You will be billed 1.90-2.90% of the transaction amount + $0.30 based on historical volume. You will receive the proceeds of each transaction net of fees.

Example: If you process a transaction for $100.00 at a rate of 0.00% + $0.30, you will receive $99.70 ($100.00 - $0.00 - $0.30).

To make changes to your Account information at any time, please contact our technical support team (please see contact information at the end of this e-mail).

Plugin Contributions

Payflow Pro® Service - You will be billed $0.00 for every transaction.
    this IS the payflow options listed here. payflow and paypal 2.0 are the very same thing, no question about it. they may not be charging the fees right now because as you said it is in beta or something but this is what it is.

Website Payments Pro - You will be billed 2.20-2.90% of the transaction amount + $0.30 based on historical volume. You will receive the proceeds of each transaction net of fees.
    we are unable to use this because of the checkout system that zencart uses currently

PayPal Express Checkout - You will be billed 1.90-2.90% of the transaction amount + $0.30 based on historical volume. You will receive the proceeds of each transaction net of fees.

I believe we are also we are unable to use this because of the checkout system that zencart uses currently

Plugin Contributions

Right, so the payflow pro is what we need to focus on.
    The exsisting payment module and server side set up is the focus.

The bottom line is paypal is offering payflow pro for no set up fee and only $20 per month. Everyone has been waiting on a deal like this, and paypal said now that they own verisign, they can charge only the $20 per month to attract more customers. Everyone should be all over this, and for some reason everyone here doesnt beleive its true, yet no one has yet to call paypal and verify it.

So one of you totaly zenned people who have a little more history than me, please call paypal and confirm im not BS'ing you guys, and lets get on the ball and make this thing happen.

Plugin Contributions

I am on the phone with these folks now,
    I will put an end to this crap,
    payflow is NOT $20 a month

paypal PRO is and its NOT supported by zen,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast