Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Add Product to Cart URL

BEWARE: Newbie Zenner!

I have a requirement whereby I wish to minimise the front-end of my shop (i.e: no need to display categories, product details, product images and the array of other functions available within Zen) ...I just need to make use of adding a product to the cart.

My client has a number of products which need to be listed/displayed as a series of technical data sheets and within these sheets (ideally) I require a 'buy now' link to add the product to the cart, bypassing any product detail pages - just adding the product to the cart.

I have seen some info on the forums relating to a 'buy now' button which replaces the quantity box on product pages - I have followed details but can't get this to appear. Also, there are admin options to turn off product pics and descriptions - again these do not work for me!

... Could somebody please advise me if it is possible to simply: (i) add product name, quantity available, price and shipping options to the database ONLY (ii) Turn off all front-end category and product details (iii) Acquire a product URL to add the product to the cart...? ... That's all I need.. but is it simple to do on Zen? If it is and somebody can explain the minimal process required I would be eternally grateful.

FanQ!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Product to Cart URL

If you do not intend on using the cart, there are several issues that will arise...to add to cart one must be logged in, Zen creates a session ID, tracks the session, and other security items...

You cannot setup an outside page that totally bypasses these functions. Try working within the cart and minimizing the steps for purchase...

Also, post a url so all can see more clearly what it is that you are trying to do and possibly suggest problems/solutions
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

http://ocktcom-discount-generators.com/

Choose 'Pramac GBW' - I now have the buttons in place ..... A user having to be logged in was expected... from the stage I am now at are there any other obvious problems I will come up against??? Apart from any user being happy to part with several thousand pounds via a cart system that is!!!???.. My client is confident so who am I to argue.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Webbo1969,

I want to do that exact same thing. Can you post how you did that?

Shawn

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I want to do that exact same thing. Can you post how you did that?
    It's a hard-coded page, created by taking the <FORM> elements from "real" product pages, and pasting it into a table ... one line per product.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ahhh, I see. That makes sense. Thanks!

Shawn

Plugin Contributions

Webbo1969,

Sorry for my mis understanding, what you have is fully within the cart system and not another site/page as I had first thought.

This looks good, but most likely does not auto generate if the items are changed I would expect.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi senojeel

As pointed out this is hard coded from a standard product page. Each button is created as follows:

<form action="http://[your domain name]/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=[your cPath]/&amp;products_id=[your products_id]/&amp;action=add_product" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="cart_quantity" id="cart_quantity">
    <input type="hidden" name="cart_quantity" value="1" maxlength="6" size="4" />
    <input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="[your products_id]" />
    <input name="image" type="image" title=" Add to Cart " src="includes/templates/template_default/buttons/english/button_in_cart.gif" alt="Add to Cart" />
    </form>

Once you have the URL and cPath created for your first item, its a simple case of just changing the product_id on each button.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that information Webbo1969. I am sure I will figure it out, but was does the cPath refer to?

Shawn

Plugin Contributions

Hi Shawn

Im assuming its the category path. Your standard product page and <form> element will show you all the info you need.

Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast