Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PAYPAL Payment but no order !

Is there a reason why you're not using Express Checkout? It records paid orders instantly and doesn't rely on the IPN to complete the order.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Is there a reason why you're not using Express Checkout? It records paid orders instantly and doesn't rely on the IPN to complete the order.
    the problem with the express checkout is the customer need to have a paypal account but there are a lot of customer don't like paypal or wish to use only the credit card to make the payment. And this is exactly when the problem begin.
    Seem to me until now the only solution is to use the paypal pro or other mechant gateway, the problem is when you just begin the business, you want to keep the overhead as low as possible. What i am currently doing is prepare some big red wording during checkout and hope the customer will see it. If the order did not complete properly become too often, then i have no other choice it seem.

Plugin Contributions

I don't think the cause of the problem is particularly relevant. The fact of the matter is that the orders *do* get lost and there is no "official" way to recover them and update the payment status, despite all the data being there. I simply can't see why there can't be an "official" means to manually allow orders to be recovered. t would make life so much easier for the users, avoid those embarassing "cap in hand" emails to the customers and reduce the posts to this forum that relate to this ongoing and tiresome issue. Put simply, it happens, will continue to happen and it needs a workaround.

My skills only run to being able to "read" PHP and debugging logic, I wouldn't even be able to begin to know where to start on PHP5 syntax, otherwise I'd do it myself. Is it terribly complicated to do this? There was a View Stuck Orders module from Dr Byte which someone modified to update the orders, so it can't be beyond the skills of the techie gurus here. So how about it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiazda View Post
    My skills only run to being able to "read" PHP and debugging logic, I wouldn't even be able to begin to know where to start on PHP5 syntax, otherwise I'd do it myself. Is it terribly complicated to do this? There was a View Stuck Orders module from Dr Byte which someone modified to update the orders, so it can't be beyond the skills of the techie gurus here. So how about it?
    I don't understand what exactly you are looking for. As you mentioned, there is already a module out there that can move "stuck" PayPal orders to the order list. I found the module isn't totally complete because it doesn't send the confirmation email to the customer and it doesn't have any PayPal payment record whatsoever. Are those the only problems you would like to overcome? If not, what is?

Many of us cannot use Website Payment Pro because it's only offered to US residents.

I also agree this is a bug or bad design. I don't believe it's a good idea to rely on a customer to do certain thing that is not "necessary" to them. Mistakes will always be made by a few and we need a solution to overcome any error potential all together.
    Last edited by alexexela; 17 May 2008 at 12:04 PM.

Plugin Contributions

not a bug not bad design,

contact paypal and complain that their IPN system is crap and broken again,
    Zen Cart has NO control over paypals systems and if auo return and IPN are not working rather than complain about a bug call them and get them to fix their issue
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alexexela View Post
    Here is my logic, if there is anything wrong, please let me know:
    1. As soon as a customer click "Confirm", the order is sent to the list of orders as "pending"
    A disadvantage is that if the customer cancels the payment, or due to a problem at paypal is returned to your site without paying, and decides to pay the order in another way, he/she can't. The cart is empty (and any coupons are already booked on the unpaid order). They will have an unpaid order and will probably not know how to pay for it.

Also some customers will not like it that the order appears to be completed if they cancel the payment.

Another issue is stock. Will you lower the stock for unpaid orders? Or will you delay that until the payment has been confirmed?

It's possible to complete the payed orders though, and without creating any premature orders. If the session data is saved just before the customer is sent to the paypal site (I am not sure if the paypal module currently does this or not) you can use this data to complete the order. After you have checked the payment was successful of course.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alexexela View Post
    I don't understand what exactly you are looking for. As you mentioned, there is already a module out there that can move "stuck" PayPal orders to the order list.
    My problem is that the module doesn't work on my shop. I am running 1.3.8 on PHP5 and something in there has an issue with the module giving me an error message, so I can neither see or move the orders.
    Catchable fatal error: Object of class shoppingCart could not be converted to string in /home/aniamuk/public_html/shop/admin/view_stuck_paypal_orders.php on line 88

It could be my data, of course, and I will look into that, but either way, since so many people seem to have this problem it would make sense to have a mean for dealing with it in the main program.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiazda View Post
    My problem is that the module doesn't work on my shop. I am running 1.3.8 on PHP5 and something in there has an issue with the module giving me an error message, so I can neither see or move the orders.
    Catchable fatal error: Object of class shoppingCart could not be converted to string in /home/aniamuk/public_html/shop/admin/view_stuck_paypal_orders.php on line 88
    Hi Gwiazda,

I looked at the code and decided to update it. Most changes are done for my own needs, but I think the issue you mention here is fixed too by this update. If you are willing to test it you can PM me and I will mail you the zip.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    Hi Gwiazda,

I looked at the code and decided to update it. Most changes are done for my own needs, but I think the issue you mention here is fixed too by this update. If you are willing to test it you can PM me and I will mail you the zip.

Hi,

I am interest to test it as well. Can you please send it to me also? thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Does this conversation basically mean that we are going to have to put up with Paypal (IPN) frequently dropping orders and the store owners trying to pick up the pieces one way or another? (Or switch payment method)

We have had several clients complain over the past week or so that their orders are not completing at ZenCart and yet these sites have been running smoothly for quite some time. Dr Byte made comment that Paypal had been having problems a couple of weeks ago; the only thing I've seen from Paypal themselves was a reply posted by someone else saying that they knew there was a problem and were looking into it.

Paulm - I'd be interested to try that out as well.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast