Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes columns, Left and Right

Our site is about to go live in a couple weeks. We sell contact lenses, so each product has at least 4(up to 8) attributes for each eye, plus 3 text field attributes for doctors information. That's a minimum of 11 attributes per product. Currently all of the attributes are in a straight line down the page. All of the right eye attributes, then the left eye attributes, then the doctors information. This of course looks horrid, as functional as it may be.

What I would like to do is separate the Right and Left eye attributes into two columns, right and left, with the doctors information going anywhere as it's common to all products. This would be easy enough if all products had the same number of attributes, but they don't. So, what I need to be able to do is basically say:

if attribute sort order <= 15, then attributes sort to left column; if attribute sort order >=16, then attributes sort to right column; else whatever.

The easiest way to do what I am trying to do is to sort into columns by sort order, as these are static values that will never change, the left eye attributes are already ordered in a row from 1-15, the right eye ordered from 16-30, and the three common attributes ordered after that. It shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm not sure where to start.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated. I would love for the site to look it's best when it goes up, but I can't delay it's live date any longer.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes columns, Left and Right

I think that to represent what you have outlined as attributes that this would take some custom coding to get this effect. There is a commercial section where you could get assistance and some estimates/quotes on what this would take and then make a decision if it is worth it to you.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten