Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Selling Products Not in the Catalog

Hi Everyone,

This is what I'd like to do:

Besides having their own products, my clients also plan to sell products available from a 3rd party. The 3rd party site has about 3,000,000 titles (products) available.

1. For a few select products, we will get the information ahead of time, and put the information into the ZenCart catalog as products. I will use the 3rd party supplied interface to notify them to ship the product after our end-user has made the purchase via ZenCart.

2. We also want our end users to be able to search the 3rd party's database, retrieve a product and add that product to our ZenCart shopping cart without the product being in our ZenCart catalog.

Has this been done before? What is the simplest way to achieve #2 above?

Thank you very much in advance!

TracNez

Plugin Contributions

Selling Products Not in the Catalog

Shorter/Different Version of my question:

My clients will sell their own products, but they are also selling products available from a 3rd party site.

We want our end users to be able to search the 3rd party's site, retrieve a product and add that product to our ZenCart shopping cart without the product being in our ZenCart catalog.

My first impulse is to have a generic product in the Catalog, and somehow pass along text strings with the info needed for order fulfilment.

What do you all think? Have a better idea or code that already does this?

Thank you very much in advance!

TracNez

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Selling Products Not in the Catalog

I'm looking to do a similar thing. I want to pass info to 2 variable fields in a generic product. I think the issue may be that the info is passed using 'GET" rather then "POST". Does anyone have a suggestion on how this can be accomplished?

Plugin Contributions

Still looking for a solution to this....any one have a suggestion??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by splieg
    I'm looking to do a similar thing. I want to pass info to 2 variable fields in a generic product. I think the issue may be that the info is passed using 'GET" rather then "POST". Does anyone have a suggestion on how this can be accomplished?
    I think you'll continue to have no response until the exact details of what you're envisioning are explained.

I certainly have no idea what you're after, nor what you've tried to do but found not to be working.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok then.........here goes:

I want to have a photogallery and for each picture I'll include a link that has the variable for the picture number and size and I want to pass this to a product url in zen-cart ...... probably a generic "Picture" Product that takes the variables I passed from the Gallery and adds them as it's text field options......like Attribute text fields. This way when I receive the order, it with be for the generic Picture product, but I'll know which picture from the text attributes. Is it possible to pass outside variable to the product URL??

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know if this is possible?/ I want to pass variables from an outside URL to a text attributes field within a Zen-Cart product. Details below in my last post.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I want to pass variables from an outside URL to a text attributes field within a Zen-Cart product.
    First off, I am a terrible coder...Now that you know this, I can see that this would depend fully on what and how the info is on the other site as to how simple or difficult this would be to capture, maybe with some JS. One would have to determine first if the information at this other site can be captured and how...then this would predicate how one would begin to use this in ZenCart.

If you can determine if you can capture it and then in what form and post the details of this I am sure that you can obtain assistance in how to use this in Zen Cart. This would have to be a programatic method and not a manual one BTW.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

ok....let me break it down a bit. If I have a product like say this one
    http://hyperclothing.com/items/index...products_id=35

This product has 2 text field as well as other attributes. In passing varibales, typically you add an "&variable_name=value" and so on but for some reason this doesn't seem to work with Zen-Cart. Maybe it's a "POST" vs. "GET" thing.....I'm not aware of the differences either.

For example :

"http://hyperclothing.com/items/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_7&products_id=35&id[txt_3]=Billy" doesn't work.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this work??

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Looked at your site...When I enter a name and a number for this item and add to cart...the text I entered is picked up...

This is not what you have posted as your problem...As Zen Cart is picking up the entered text what is it that you want?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast