Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting products off list

First ... you need to get upgraded to v1.3.0.2 and get the bugs out ...

I think a lot of your problems relate to bugs from 2 releases ago ... that the current version of Zen Cart fixes ...

Be sure to get the Full Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 and backup yours database and site before upgrading ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Will it mess up the banner and other things I had to change? After all trouble the last time I wasn't ever going to upgrade Zen-Cart again. I did make a custom folder.

Can I just upgrade from my Cpanel at Bluehost, my web host co.?

How do I backup the database? Please help me out. It seems everytime I try to make any changes it take hours to fix. Thanks.

I just logged into Bluehost and in Fantastico > Zen-Cart, they have an upgrade to ver. 1.3.01 not 02.
    Last edited by davek7; 13 Aug 2006 at 04:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I would recommend make a test directory /new_shop and copy all your files to it ...

Backup your current database and shop and put it somewhere safe ...

Make a test database and load a copy of your existing database into it ...

Edit the /new_shop/includes/configure.php and /new_shop/admin/includes/configure.php to reflect the new path to /new_shop

Then edit the same 2 files to reflext the new test database, username and password

Now, download the Full Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 from the Get Zen Cart at the top of the screen ...

Unzip that file on your computer and load that to the /new_shop and run the /new_shop/zc_install

Run the Upgrade Database ...

I usually do this by running the first upgrade that is checked (unchecking those below) ... and then repeating until all are done ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What if I just upgrade? Why should I have to do all this when all I wanted to do is delete three items off a page! I thought that once you had a custom theme it would stay that way when you upgraded to a newer version?

How many hours does this take? I'm sorry but I don't have much faith in Zen-Cart after all the time I've spent with it. there's got to be a better way.

Heres the site it's on http://www.portlandwinegear.com/shop

Thanks for all your help, too bad it's so complicated.

Plugin Contributions

You can do anything you like ...

I just posted the safe method so that if you did anything wrong you will not have a problem ...

At least take the time to backup your database and site then upgrade it by copying all the files from the Full Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 to your site and have at it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

What are the main files to back up?

I have a winegear file that has my custom pages in. Do I copy that I put it someplace? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I just figured out a way to take items off the list without losing the entry. So I really don't have to upgrade.

What I do have to do is find out why customers are having trouble getting the credit card processed and getting a email confirmation to tell them.

Can you please go into http://www.portlandwinegear.com/shop and purchase something with the 4111 1111 1111 1111 number and let me know how to fix the credit card/email confirmation and paypal option.

Thanks you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12