Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't access my data MySql data base

For some strange reason the installer isn't letting me connect to my data base. I keep getting error messages that aren't always the same. I verified with Ipowerweb through their live chat that I was to use localhost, username and password, but it doesn't want to connect me. The data base is created. Then a very strange thing happened.

I called my data base db1 and set my username=vivictor and password after playing around and talking to support I just gave up and closed the installer. Then I found that the installer had created a database called zen and it had installed the cart files.

Because this happened before I could set up the store and the administration I can't access the admin. I then tried to install again after uploading the zc_install files and still had the same problem. I found out that the mysql data base doesn't like long usernames or passwords so I tried shortening them but no joy.

I don't think I am missing any files. Perhaps unless there is a simple solution I will just upload everything again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access my data MySql data base

Zen Cart does not create any databases on its own. It expects you to have created one before running the installation ... and simply asks you to supply the security information in order to access it.

You don't need to re-upload anything, but you could start fresh by going to your ipowerweb control panel, delete the "db1" and "zen" databases you mentioned (if they're not used for anything else). Then create a new database, username, password. Write down the database-host-name/server-name required to access the database.

Then continue by re-running the zc_install and choosing "Install" from the System Inspection page. Then explain exactly which errors you encounter.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for such a quick reply. I did create a data base on Ipowerweb but the install program could not access it. I tried every possible solution including Ipowerweb live chat. Everything seemed ok.

I understood everything up till 'choosing "Install" from the System Inspection page.' I have been in the 'Install' panel quite a lot and I have not a clue how I access this. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but really I tried so many things before I decided to bother you. I do not like to ask stupid questions.

Thanks again for your patience and prompt rerply.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Roon
    I understood everything up till 'choosing "Install" from the System Inspection page.'
    Please explain how you are "installing" Zen Cart.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure, since the loader seems to have a mind of it's own. I noticed that no one seems to have ever had my problem. ( I read FAQs). since the loader strands me in the middle of it's operation I am not really sure what I can add to my explanation.

Logic would say that since I am the only one that seems to have experienced this problem it must be something wrong that I did.

Plugin Contributions

I followed these instructions...deleted the data base, made a new one, deleted users and passes and made a new one. I set all the permissions to 'all'. then I received this error message. "Access denied for user: 'vic@localhost' (Using password: YES) more info... "( this of course said I had to have the right data base name, Username and pass which I had just created).

As usual I get blocked here where the installer says it failed to connect to my MySql server. This time it didn't make the table. I went into MyAdmin and it wasn't there this time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

is "localhost" the correct database-server ?

did you assign rights for the user to the database?

Plugin Contributions

Yes to both questions. I have pretty well figured out that it is a problem with my MySql data base shaking hands with the installer. Ipowerweb is working on the problem. I have gone through two levels of technicians and now I am on the third. I am quite confident that they will find the problem. they have never disappointed me in the past and we have four sites with them.

It is quite clear (I think) that it is not a problem with the zen cart installer, it is a server problem. So say I, a non techno. I really appreciate this forum and the response. I am sure that we will be very happy we went with you. This is our third try (stores). I'm quite sure it is not the problem of Zen cart at all. Thank you very much.

I will continue to post to this forum our experiences because I love the GNU attitude. Strangely enough it is exactly the attitude of the site we have made. I am not really ready to tell this whole story, but I believe that when we write a book about it (which we will do) they might even make a movie. I guess that's a pretty cocky attitude from a 60 year old Hippy, who was an immigrant in 6 countries (born in Saskatchewan, Canada) I only got on the internet 4 years ago. we didn't even have electricity in most of the places I lived for 13 years before coming to Quebec, Canada seven years ago. Why am I telling my life story? Is it because I'm drunk? Is it because I smoked one of those funny looking cigarettes? OK both. But I'm just having fun. I have been basically in bed for seven years even though most people think I'm not only normal, but I look for any reason to enjoy myself.

Nice meeting you.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I screwed up the end of my post. But I think you'll get the idea. I certainly hope I haven't offended the forum. I'm not sure this is proper etiquette.

Please correct me if this is not really in the spirit of this forum. I am quite able to adjust.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Roon
    Please correct me if this is not really in the spirit of this forum. I am quite able to adjust.
    Not exactly the spirit of this forum. Nevertheless, apology accepted. Thanks for sharing.

Would be very interested to know what your ipowweb comes up with...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast