Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Need help cannot add customer

Hi - I've been working on setting up this product for about 2 weeks now. I'm definitely a newbie! Anyway, I was trying to set up a customer so that I could test the check out process, but everytime I submit it brings back the screen with all the info gone and REQUIRED FIELDS in bold, like that's the error. However, I have made sure to fill out every field and ensured that all the fields have met the minimum length requirement. Any suggesstions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help cannot add customer

btw my site is at www.everything-unique.com if you want to see the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Which Zen-Cart version are you using ?

If you fill out a new customer, under the admin section, will it return you the same type of errors (if even any) ?

Plugin Contributions

Hi - The version is 1.2.4.1 - I don't see anything in the admin area to add a new customer - how do I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Hi - The version is 1.2.4.1 - I don't see anything in the admin area to add a new customer - how do I do that?
    I'd strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest version of Zen-Cart to fix earlier issues that was encountered. As for adding a customer, go to your Customers tree (from your header bar under the admin).

Plugin Contributions

From the customer tree I only have Customers, Orders, Group Pricing and PayPal IPN. Under the Customers, there is nothing there to add. Just shows displaying 0 of 0 customers. I would like to upgrade, but fear it since it's taken me so long to even get to this point. Dot easy is my host and then did the original installation 2 weeks ago. Since they didn't go with the most recent version I'm worried that there may be issues with it and their servers that have not been resolved.

Plugin Contributions

. I would like to upgrade, but fear it since it's taken me so long to even get to this point. Dot easy is my host and then did the original installation 2 weeks ago. Since they didn't go with the most recent version I'm worried that there may be issues with it and their servers that have not been resolved.
    If you're worried that you might encounter more issues with your host - simply by upgrading Zen-Cart, (which shouldn't be a problem), then, perhaps, you should take a look at the certified hosting list from this site.

This might also be the reason why you fail to add customers from your store-front. However, to make sure, if you add a test category + a test product, will both show up from your store-front ? (Note: To do this, it would be highly recommended to add these two tests under a test folder - not on your live-store ... if it is already live).

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I'm downloading 1.3.0.2 full-set files now - do I just do a full upload? I guess the files will overlay? I'm sorry to be a pest and I REALLY appreciate the help!!
    P.S. I would switch but have already spent quite a bit of $$ that I can't get back now.

Plugin Contributions

do I just do a full upload? I guess the files will overlay?
    Always read the DOCS folder, under the root, from the package you downloaded (each releases has new documentation from the DEV Team). For your case, it would be the upgrade documentation (as well as the changelog). This way, if you used the overrides, there's no way your files will be overwritten.

You can, also, read the FAQs and wiki documentation, from this site, to help you out further regarding the functionnality of templates, modules and languages overrides.

P.S. I would switch but have already spent quite a bit of $$ that I can't get back now.
    The question is not about how much you spend but, rather, how good your web hosting service can provide.

Here's a very good, and known, topic - related on this subject:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...icking+hosting

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - I will check into all of this... I really appreciate your time and patience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast