Plugin Contributions

Default PHPmyAdmin error?

Hey everyone....

Ok.... I'm trying to figure this out.... strage issue for sure....

I have 3 different servers and I would like to move my hosting from one of these servers to my new server. I read the post and made sure to follow the steps as described. On one of my servers (that I'm currently hosting with) I created a 2 database and uploaded the newest Zencart and installed it. No issues. But when I try to import the database.... nothing... it just doesn't work. Using: phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3

On my other server (GoDaddy) server same problem! Nothing happens when I choose to import the file. I'm limited to 2,048KB on both of these servers for uploads in phpMyAdmin.

on server number 3 - that unfortunately is really small for hosting space... I uploaded the same SQL file the exact same way and it worked awesome. Full data import... using phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl2 with a 51,200KB limit on uploads.

any ideas... I'd really like to move my site and stop paying for 3 hosting services.

thanks
    Curtis =)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHPmyAdmin error?

You may have to do several backups of selected tables in each run, creating separate smaller files for importing later.

The reason for failing could be the large size. It could also be MySQL version mismatches between servers.

The 2 largest tables apart from order-related data, are:
    - admin_activity_log
    - email_history
    You may want to leave these for separate processing, or even skip them altogether if you can live without the data, which is historical anyway.

To select individual tables, before you click "Go" to produce your backup, select the tables desired from the upper-mid-left list of tables (not the FAR left) .. you can ctrl-click to select more than one. When finished each group, select a few more, and Go again, etc... using new filenames for each batch.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Great point... I didn't think about that.... I'm working on that right now.

When I try to import on the server I want to use I'm getting this error?
    import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.8)
    import.php: Missing parameter: what (FAQ 2.8)

any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No idea.
    My guess is that something's awry with the phpMyAdmin install on that server...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: PHPmyAdmin error?

Quote Originally Posted by curtiscartmell View Post
    Great point... I didn't think about that.... I'm working on that right now.

When I try to import on the server I want to use I'm getting this error?
    import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.8)
    import.php: Missing parameter: what (FAQ 2.8)

any ideas?

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm getting the exact same errors when I try to import my live database to my test site... not sure how to get around this.

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys sorry to bump an old tthread but im also getting the same error message. It cant be that the file is too large because each sql file is less than 1 mb. Could it be that the sql versions are different?

Plugin Contributions

i guess i should add im trying to move this wordpress site. Just trying to move the database /sql. im not too familiar wit this, thanks

Plugin Contributions

phpMyAdmin can only handle Imports of a certain size, and this file size should be displayed when you click on the Import tab. However, it's not just the size of files allowed which is decisive but the max execution time for a php script, and this is usually around 30 seconds.

So, in reality, if your database is more than approx., 2 Mbs in size then you won't be able to import it in one go using phpMyAdmin. You have two choices:

1. Break it up into separate files which are no more than around 1.5 Mbs in size and Import them one by one.

2. Learn how to import the whole database using SSH (assuming your hosting company allows console access).

Or you could raise a support ticket with your hosting company and ask them very nicely (as it's not their job to do it) if they will run the database backup into an empty db you have created via SSH if you upload it to the root of your website. You'd need to give them the name of the backup file, the name of the empty database, and the MySQL User Name and Password for it.

Vger