Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

No setup screen to install after Upgrade gone bad!!Forbidden 403

Hello all...

For the last several days i've been attempting to upgrade to 1.3.0.2 from 1.3.0.1 on my webserver. My goal was to upgrade now so i don't have to worry about a restoring the database later. Any who, against my first instinct i proceeded. The only thing i needed to be concern with in backing up my override customed folders. I didn't do a complete backup thinking i'd be ok ONLY backing up my home directory (public_html) and a database with a few entrys entered for practice. Now it haunts me!

After uploading the changed files, I opened a new browser tab to run the installation at http://vardanyanjewelry.net/zc_install but failed after several attempts and returned to a previous admin screen and refreshed it. It gave me a few errors! Something about the 1>english language and 2>currency settings not being set 3>I contacted my host about the error about my database needing to be patched to a higher level. THIS is where everthing went downhill. I realized later I should have run only 2 of the many sql scripts, but instead I ran ALL of them in the zc_install folder. Yes I know that was a dumb thing to do. I then contacted my host again and he confirmed my hunch. The best thing now is a restore... Not having a complete backup, i restored the backups mentioned above and still no luck!

As of now, i get a '403 forbidden - you don't have permission to access on this server' error all the time now. I've checked permissions \includes and \admin\includes they are set to 777 all access. I've created new databases thinking its a file corruption in the db and tried to reinstall zencart in another directory using fantastico but it says it already has and installation in root and cannot proceed. Does anybody have a clue on possible resolutions on how i can clean up my huge mess?

Please help :~(

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No setup screen to install after Upgrade gone bad!!Forbidden 403

Have you tried appending/index.php after zc_install?

Plugin Contributions

Re: No setup screen to install after Upgrade gone bad!!Forbidden 403

Hi patski!

Thanks for responding so quickly! :~)

No i haven't, tell me more...

Michael

Plugin Contributions

does it bring up the install page if you do? If not then someone else may be able to help further.

Plugin Contributions

Never mind... i got it

let me check!

Plugin Contributions

No such luck... if it could b that easy!

Thanks 4 your help though.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

what is your server's errorlog saying when you get those errors? The last 50 lines or so might be enlightening...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: No setup screen to install after Upgrade gone bad!!Forbidden 403

I dumped my zencart_db earlier today...

Heres what i have since then I could restore from back up if u like though.

Error Log
    Last 300 Error Log Messages in reverse order:

[Sat Aug 12 22:43:31 2006] [crit] [client 66.229.184.177] (13)Permission denied: /home/mjgroove/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
    [Sat Aug 12 17:20:11 2006] [crit] [client 66.229.184.177] (13)Permission denied: /home/mjgroove/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
    [Sat Aug 12 13:53:29 2006] [crit] [client 66.249.72.105] (13)Permission denied: /home/mjgroove/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

I checked the permissions earlier and made them all 777 in includes and in admin (Emerald) \includes

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since Zen Cart doesn't supply a .htaccess file in the root folder, and your error messages are a result of a problem with /public_html/.htaccess then I suggest that you talk to your hosting company about how to resolve this problem.

You said you set permissions on all files to 777.
    1. your host isn't going to like that
    2. it wasn't necessary
    3. you only need to do it for the file that's causing the error message: /public_html/.htaccess

So....either change the permissions on just that file to 777 or even 755 or even 644 .... or delete it altogether.

You're likely having a problem with it because your FTP program may not even be showing you the .htaccess file because usually files starting with a period are considered "hidden". In this case, use your hosting control panel's file manager to locate the file and change its permissions or delete it altogether.

Failing that, talk to your hosting company for a way to resolve it.

Then work on Zen Cart again ... because Zen Cart isn't your problem in this case.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your input Dr Byte!

I restored my files and contacted my host

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast