Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quantity Discounts for 1.3

I have installed the quantity discount and I've had no error or issues, however I am not able to get it to produce discounts. I first installed it on a test system (1.3.5) and got it to work in its most basic form. But now that I've taken the site live it ignores the settings and I'm not sure what to look for.

Could some show me what I need to do to set this up correctly?

I set the admin to category - and percentage level one = 5

this is the only user exit that I set up - see code below:

// Add categories with special discounting policies to this list.
    // Note that 99999, 99998 and 99997 are just given as examples.
    // Note that the Discounting Units you specified in Admin
    // (percentage or currency) are also used here.
    function apply_special_category_discount($category, $count, &$disc_amount) {
    switch($category) {
    case 27:
    if ($count > 4) {
    $disc_amount = 16.00;
    }
    break;
    case 28:
    $disc_amount = 24.00;
    break;
    }
    }

Now I was at least getting it to show the discount for the first category at which point I emailed Scott to see about getting this other user exits to expand what I needed, but no response yet.

I really need to get this to work at least in its most basic form. Can someone who has had success with this help me out? I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure you have the categories correct? Remember these are the parent categories of the item, not the top level category.

Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I just sent you copies of my lost emails... No those are the categories where the products lie. URL is http://www.lorindascandlesandmore.com

Since I took the site live and installed the SSL I get nothing pulling through at all. I even tried a simple 1.00 off on one category and nothing... Very strange. I was getting some kind of discount before that. Of course go live and it breaks...LOL

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to get back and thank Scott for all his help. I was finally able with his help and the purchase of his additional exit for Top Categories, I was able to get the discounts implemented that I needed and the way I needed them to work. I really appreicate the time you spent with me on this.

Take care and have a super day!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quantity Discounts version 1.4, with no limits to the number of levels and discounts, will be available in the downloads area sometime around Feb. 1. If you've chafed at the restriction of only having five discounting levels, you'll be pleased by this new version. I can accomodate a couple of beta testers who promise to provide feedback. See you in three weeks!

Cheers,
    Scott

Plugin Contributions

I noticed in another thread where you mentioned to someone this mod could be used for discounts based on order total rather than quantity of items. I am very intereted in setting up something like that...for example 10% $25 total, 15% off $50 total etc. Have you gone into detail on this somewhere else where I could learn more about doing this? Thanks!
    Zen Cart: Diva Knitting

Plugin Contributions

Click on the link in my sig. Waaaay more documentation than you would ever want inside. :)

Good luck,
    Scott

Plugin Contributions

Hi Scott and Hi Others

Now I am stuck. :-(

I Sell memory sticks. Want to use your quantity price breaks and maybe minimum quantity to accomplish this:

Example of 4 products. All products differences only memory size. Because of limitation quantity price breaks work with attributes I've been pushed to put them as a separate products than one with attribute "Memory"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capacity/Volume 5072------- 144----- 288----- 576
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    512MB----- $29.42----- $27.86----- $24.23----- $22.68 $19.87
    1GB----- $31.93----- $29.75----- $26.92----- $23.31 $21.74
    2GB----- $62.99----- $57.89----- $52.47----- $49.57 $46.44
    4GB----- $145.57----- etc

I want to let customer buy differnet size of memory stick in range of "Minimum Quantity", example: Minimum Quantity is 50. If customer buys 73 x 512MB also can chose other 1GB in price of "between 72 - 144". If he buy more than 144, other sizes of this product wille in 144 range and so on.

I was trying to use native quantity price breaks. But after fight with attributes and their quantities, i gave up. There is no way to let it work. After that I installed your mod. First of all i'd like to say thank you for really cool mod, but I still cannot get this to work. In a native price module there is option called " Discount Qty Applies to Mixed Attributes" and it work when Price by attributes is off. I think this mod is missing something simmilar.

Adam

Plugin Contributions

See your PM.

Scott

Plugin Contributions

database error Re: Quantity Discounts for 1.3

Hi Scott and Hi Others

Now I am stuck. :-(

I Sell memory sticks. Want to use your quantity price breaks and maybe minimum quantity to accomplish this:

Example of 4 products. All products differences only memory size. Because of limitation quantity price breaks work with attributes I've been pushed to put them as a separate products than one with attribute "Memory"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capacity/Volume -----50-------------72------------ 144---------- 288---------- 576
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------512MB----- $29.42----- $27.86--------- $24.23----- $22.68----- $19.87
    -----------1GB----- -- $31.93----- $29.75--------- $26.92----- $23.31 ----- $21.74
    -----------2GB-------- $62.99----- $57.89--------- $52.47----- $49.57 ----- $46.44
    -----------4GB------- $145.57----- etc

I want to let customer buy differnet size of memory stick in range of "Minimum Quantity", example: Minimum Quantity is 50. If customer buys 73 x 512MB also can chose other 1GB in price of "between 72 - 144". If he buy more than 144, other sizes of this product wille in 144 range and so on.

I was trying to use native quantity price breaks. But after fight with attributes and their quantities, i gave up. There is no way to let it work. After that I installed your mod. First of all i'd like to say thank you for really cool mod, but I still cannot get this to work. In a native price module there is option called " Discount Qty Applies to Mixed Attributes" and it work when Price by attributes is off. I think this mod is missing something simmilar.

Adam

Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast