Plugin Contributions

Removing the copyright from the shop front

Hello, i was wondering if you could help me,

I run my own hosting company and i provide a setup version of zen-cart 1.2.7 for all my new clients. At present im using zencarts template, 'classic'

I have changed the images from the classic templates to my own (reviews, tell a friend etc' and have also changed the colour style. What i would like to know can i remove the copyright from the shop front.

Im not planning on changing the copyright from the admins area or from the code, just want to offer my customers a choice of removing the copyright notice from the front of the shop.

I know this is allowed with osc and creloaded.

If this is not possible then i noticed some zencart developers create templates. Is there any chance someone could design me one like the 'classic' style with the copyright removed. I understand this may cost a little extra but would rather the money was given to the zen-cart team direct rather than some amature selling your material and just removing the copyright

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing the copyright from the shop front

Plugin Contributions

Re: Removing the copyright from the shop front

Thanks for you link, I have read this which is why ive posted a thread.

Even though i have change the images and the shop colour im still using the 'classic template' when clients go to template from the admin it shows as classic,

So the bare bones is still your template, so i would like to know 'can the copyright be removed from the shop front?'

I just wanted to make sure i could remove the copyright before i did, as i dont want to get on the wrong side of zencart.

:)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Andrew

We've had a few users in the forum recently whose problems have proven to be because their hosting company had installed an out-of-date, no longer supported version of Zen Cart and left them with the job of upgrading to the current platform. Could it be that you are that hosting company?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: the current version of Zen Cart is v1.3.0.2 ...

You really do not want to do such a disservice to your customers and start them out in that old v1.2.7 when the new one is so much different, more robus, capable and has numerous issues resolved ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    NOTE: the current version of Zen Cart is v1.3.0.2 ...

You really do not want to do such a disservice to your customers and start them out in that old v1.2.7 when the new one is so much different, more robus, capable and has numerous issues resolved ...
    Im going to stick with 1.2.7 for the moment, This is simple because i have noticed so many bugs and errors since you started on 1.3.

For what my customers need version 1.2.7 is perfect. After all zen-cart is so full of features most are to advanced for most newbies.

Once version 1.3.6 is released we will update, :)

Plugin Contributions

When they go to upgrade ... they will all hate you ...

When they have security issues and payment issues and shipping issues etc. they will not be fond of you either ...

When they upgrade to v1.3.x and have to remake their templates on their brand new stores because they started with the old, out of date version ... they will also be pretty dang miffed about all the hours they spent working on that old out of date version when a new version has existed for months ...

But you do what you think is best ... we are just the silly authors of the code ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    When they go to upgrade ... they will all hate you ...

When they have security issues and payment issues and shipping issues etc. they will not be fond of you either ...

When they upgrade to v1.3.x and have to remake their templates on their brand new stores because they started with the old, out of date version ... they will also be pretty dang miffed about all the hours they spent working on that old out of date version when a new version has existed for months ...

But you do what you think is best ... we are just the silly authors of the code ...
    Sorry i think we have miss understood things here.

What security issues are there with version 1.2.7? Was they not all patched then afterall? our clients mainly use nochex and paypal.

As for upgrading we dont expect our clients to do it we do it for free!, Hours they spent. More like the hours we spent as we set these sites up for them as they dont understand your complicated coding.

But thanks for you comments. :)

Plugin Contributions

Each new version has, as a given, features that address:

bugfix issues

security issues

payment issues

shipping issues

addtional features

etc. etc. etc.

The Zen Cart v1.3.x series has a radically new template design ...

It will take people or you more hours than you care to devote to do an upgrade from v1.2.7 to v1.3.x vs an upgrade from v1.3.0.2 to the next version to the next to the next after that ...

The further along the new releases get, the more difficult it will become to upgrade a developed template without a lot of thought in addition to the upgrade of code ...

You are not going to want to experience this ...

And you will have customers who do not want you to hand hold and will not want to experience this ...

It is the difference between night and day ...

I am not telling you this because I have nothing better to do this afternoon ...

As a Developer of Zen Cart ... I am telling you this for your own good and the good of your customers ...

You do not want to start new shops on v1.2.7 ... that is just well ... frankly speaking ... plain foolish ...
    Linda McGrath