Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Invincible border!

Hi all,

well, been reading like mad for over 2 weeks, trying to get my brain arond ZenCart. It's been installed, and now I spent the afternoon setting up the top banner and sidebar to reflect the whole website layout.

I have succeeded in bringing in and positioning both top header and sidebar.

HOWEVER, the top banner consistently keeps a border, which breaks the flow of the graphics. It should be seamless. Can we ever get rid of that border? You can look and see what I'm talking about:

http://canadiankitecompany.com/store/

Between the top and the sidebar, there's a tiny line breaking things off. I'd like to take it out. I've tried everything I could find to reduce margins, but I certainly don't know where else to look.

What would you do in my case?

Thanks!

andre
    noob of noobs

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Invincible border!

Seethru,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you would be able to chat for a few minutes.

Thanks,
    zooey

Re: Invincible border!

who is seethru... ?

I'm getting confused... why hijack this post? hope you find what you're looking for...

andre

Plugin Contributions

It looks like you have something behind your header? What width is it set to? In my firefox it looks like it's the stock header_bg.jpg from classic? Instead of layering your thing on top of that rename yours to header_bg.jpg and erase the other one.

Also!!! Stop using the classic template. Make your own or you risk losing everything when you upgrade to a better version of zen cart as they come along. REad the Override stuff in the Wiki docs to get you started.

Also it looks like you maybe need to make your cart center section a tid bit narrower. On my screen your sidebar_left.jpg is squishing something. Maybe alter the width a bit? or make that image narrower?

Plugin Contributions

The posts are correct...the combo classic is table based and your trying to overfit your graphic that does not fit the table cells...

You have the tabless version installed but are using the classic template and you need to convert to a template or create one based on the template default set of files and thing will be easier now and into the future.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Thanks for your help!

For the life of me, I used Classic because it was complicated enough to navigate making changes that once I found something that worked, I stuck with it! :)

Now, as a noobee, there are such confusion with the terms used to define the elements in the page, I get lost tyring to trace them down...

Creating a new template: is there a step by step?

Also, is there anywhere where I can find a graphical representation of the page, with the sections properly labelled?

Thanks all!

andre

OK, I'll be trying to follow the Wiki tutorial step by step.

(only 15 minutes to be up and running... ?? most people will want customization, so it should read: "unless you want your site to look like your own site..." I've read people here working for 3 weeks and more toiling over trying to make it work...)

I'm not bitter, just like things to be straight and this is not too straight. I'm doing this for a friend of mine and it's my first time. It's a good work-out but highly stressfull... :)

k, back to school...

andre

andre

Plugin Contributions

Andre if you want to see the page with sections labeled then download and use Firefox from Mozilla as a browser. Then get the Web Developers extension for it. Then you can use the "display id..." and other tools to really see what CSS is affecting what.

Thanks, very kind of you!

Now, is it called Web Developer? or something else? do you have a link?

thanks again...

OK, this is where I lose it: http://canadiankitecompany.com/store/

everything I done all day has vanished. POOF! and I'm stuck with the ugliest layout you've ever seen. Now, the header I used earlier today was edited in header.php, which is in the language folder. But, no language folder was transfered in this new folder I created. This is not making sense. Why is it that you follow a "logical" order and all of a sudden, you're off in the boonies...

Is there anywhere I could find a REAL tutorial, written by humans, for humans... :) a tutorial that does NOT assume you know your way around, but assumes someone has got to hold your hand? I don't mind a bit, just need to get pass this.

A full day of work, just completely gone...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast