Plugin Contributions

Zencart Functions

I would like to know what are the list of functions to draw inputs, textfields, etc

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zencart Functions

What are you wanting to do?

Plugin Contributions

My own forms to the payment modules.

Plugin Contributions

No Doubt, I'd love to hear more on this.

I posted a similar question a few months ago. All I got was "You have to write custom code."

In my case, I would like to use Zen Cart to process a very long form for a public radio station. And I want to donate my time and work.

In this case, I used to work for them. Years ago, I created this form. But by today's standards, it is not compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.

I'd love to hear on fellow Zen Community members on this. Form is here:

https://www.kvpr.org/giving.html

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by josedanielestrada
    I would like to know what are the list of functions to draw inputs, textfields, etc
    You can find the code definitions for each of them in the /includes/functions/html_output.php file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've been searching for more than 2 hours on a function that updates the cart status. I've been told to look for update order shipping status but I can't find it in the includes directory.

Does anyone have an idea where this function resides? I suspect its in one of the classes because after a payment is received it has to set the status to Processing...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joe.davila View Post
    I've been searching for more than 2 hours on a function that updates the cart status.

Does anyone have an idea where this function resides?
    As of v1.3.8a, there isn't one. (That *will* change in v2.0)

I suspect its in one of the classes because after a payment is received it has to set the status to Processing...
    Each payment module does it by running 2 queries: one to update the status field in the order record, and another to add a new history record with the updated status and any comments if applicable.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte, that saved me a lot of time!

Let me explain what I'm trying to do. I'm working with a company called Webgility, they have a product called eCC that integrates my shipping and accounting functions with my zen cart store via QBooks. One of their nicer features is that they provide an interface to print shipping labels (both USPS and UPS) that then automatically updates zen cart with the tracking number and sends the customer an email with this information.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to construct a url comprised of the tracking number in a hyperlink back to my site. This would then follow the same flow as their existing code, meaning it would insert a new order status, provide the tracking url (instead of just the tracking number itself), and send the customer email.

Here is an example of what I'd like to send the customer:
    http://www.mermagica.com/ship.php?tr...6506606#track5

After speaking with Webgility, they told me that their program uses the existing function that is called upon order completion/success. They told me that they use the existing zen cart code to perform these steps.

Any information/guidance you can provide is much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

After speaking with Webgility, they told me that their program uses the existing function that is called upon order completion/success. They told me that they use the existing zen cart code to perform these steps.
    I'm confused. You said you're 'working with' them, but then you're saying that "their program uses" / "they use the existing ..." --- If they've already written whatever you're trying to do, why are you rewriting it?

Plugin Contributions

Let me try to clarify.
    I haven't installed their program yet, because I want to see if what they are saying is possible by modifying Zen Cart.

Out of the box, eCC sets the order status to "Shipped", plugs the Tracking Number into the cart, and sends an email to the customer with the Tracking Number.

So for example, the cart will show the following:

Order Status: Shipped
    Order Comment: 9102785091401336506606#track5

Instead of just providing the tracking number I'd like to construct a url to my site containing the number and provide that to the customer. So it would look like:
    Order Status: Shipped
    Order Comment: http://www.mermagica.com/ship.php?tr...6506606#track5
    Last edited by joe.davila; 7 Jan 2010 at 01:54 PM.