Plugin Contributions

Default UK template and Future Zen

I currently run a very small sea angling supplies cart as an extra to my fishing forums. I use zen cart and have followed through all the updates as they come out, right up to date.

In the past, for one reason or another, when uploading files to my host, the old ones have not always been overridden. This, as you can imagine causes errors.

For that reason, I would like to start afresh, with a fresh install and new database, and uploading my product data as new.

What I would like to know is, is it possible to run the Future Zen template with then and change all the UK settings manually?

My current setup is Here and as you can see, there are several layout and other errors I just cannot seem to get to grips with.

Many thanks,

Jimbo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UK template and Future Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    I currently run a very small sea angling supplies cart as an extra to my fishing forums. I use zen cart and have followed through all the updates as they come out, right up to date.

In the past, for one reason or another, when uploading files to my host, the old ones have not always been overridden. This, as you can imagine causes errors.

For that reason, I would like to start afresh, with a fresh install and new database, and uploading my product data as new.

What I would like to know is, is it possible to run the Future Zen template with then and change all the UK settings manually?

My current setup is Here and as you can see, there are several layout and other errors I just cannot seem to get to grips with.

Many thanks,

Jimbo
    Hmmm, don't seem to be able to edit - this should have read
    What I would like to know is, is it possible to run the Future Zen template with the UK Template, rather than change all the UK settings manually?

Plugin Contributions

what errors are you trying to fix?

it looks like you have applied the future_zen template just fine.

the templete is a jump point, there are a few things you have to tweak to make it look right, like the sidebox padding..

I too am using future_zen, although its usa store not a uk store. my link is in my siggy.
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

The side box padding is one issue, but also I seem to have lost all my T&C's, privacy, front page and several other bits and pieces, also header has gone to s***e too.

I thought if I applied a fresh install, I could catch up from there, rather than trying to find all the bits I'd bodged up, like having spurious override folders (where I created folders in the wrong place - now I dunno which is the right ones) and so on.

Plugin Contributions

HI! Jimbo! You're site is lookin' good!

Hopefully, you have a backup of your old files. If so, make a copy of
    your includes/languages/english/html_includes/yourOLDtemplate folder. Rename yourOLDtemplate folder to your new template name, and upload to your updated store in includes/languages/english/html_includes/.

Hopefully, you won't have to re-do them all.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

ah yes

most likely you lost all those files when you installed fresh

did you back up? if so you can pull those files and upload them. if not, you'll have to redo them. sorry.

things like the padding is easy to fix, but the header... what are you trying to do with it?

make it larger? it has white space on it, is it transparent? cause its not floating like it is
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry