Plugin Contributions

Adding product types & more

In my ZC-webshop I would like to add some types (like price, description, manufacturer) to my articles.

I would like each article to look like this:

So, I need some changes:

1. I want the types material and color added to an article. Name & manufacturer are no problem, because you can already add them when you add an article. How do I do this?

2. I want these types on the right of the article-image. For example, if you add manufacturer now, I will come up above the image. Where can I change this?

3. Right now you can pick between a direct link to add the article in the basket, or you can choose to have a 'read more' using Admin - Product Listing - Display Product Add To Cart Button. I want both. Where can I edit this?

I really hope someone can help me along with this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding product types & more

In the "Downloads" section (see link at top of page), you'll find a section on product types. The "book" contribution may be an example you can follow for how to add the needed components to your admin-entry, store-display, and database.

Also, in the /docs/ folder of your Zen Cart files, there is an article on product types, albeit rudimentary.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding product types & more

I want the types material and color added to an article. Name & manufacturer are no problem, because you can already add them when you add an article. How do I do this?
    You can just enter this info in the product description area.
    Color selection can be added as description text but should also be as an attribute selection. Add a set of attributes.
    I want these types on the right of the article-image. For example, if you add manufacturer now, I will come up above the image. Where can I change this?
    The admin allows some layout changes. you did not specify the listing type that you are wanting to change...essentially there are 2 the product listing and the product info. Product info in changeable in tpl_product_info_display.php if the admin does not provide what you want.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten