Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Thanks for the amendment, Doc! - Dodgy info!

I have just been reviewing some earlier posts by TShooters and can see that I was mistaken. - Kuroi, too, posted something similar but I thought that that was a sidebox and did not apply to header links.

Anyway, the post by TShooters and your advice have confirmed that the TOC should work and it isn't.

I have got the method right, even checked it against TShooters screenshots, and replaced my tpl_header with an original file in case my coding had messed it up, but without success unfortunately. I have also tried removing the SSL link (I was wanting to build a TOC for account information) and placing the TOC in the footer bar, but again without success.

The only two things I can think of now that could be causing this problem are:

i:) corrupted database
    ii:) files required to support EZPages functionality

The normal EZPage links are working just fine.

Plugin Contributions

I have now tried replacing the tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php, tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php, stylesheet.css, and configuration.php files with original (unmodified) files and the TOC still won't build...

I also tried removing all other links on the EZPage bar and switching back to the classic template, neither of which worked either...

Plugin Contributions

All sideboxes enabled, database optimised, values reset... - nothing!

Plugin Contributions

I've found the reason why the TOC isn't working. - You cannot specify links (external or internal) or the links are treat as just that, ie: you won't get any TOC...

...and the TOC is created on a new page.

So, the settings are just as described by TShooters (page 3 of this post) and Kuroi (all over the place!), but you have to enter some content into the box and not specify any internal or external links (unless you specify them in the box using HTML links, etc.).

If you do this you should see a link in your header, footer, sidebox, etc. which will take you to a page displaying your TOC when clicked on - not a little box or dropdown in the header, footer, etc. as I had originally thought. - You will need a seperate module for that...

...or some creativity involving CSS float, relative positioning (not absolute!), etc..

Note: hyperlinks within PHP code blocks need to be in PHP syntax to work properly! - HTML links may not work properly.
    Last edited by some name not taken; 24 Oct 2008 at 05:24 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Are EZPages turned on in Admin/Configuration/EZ-Pages Settings/
    EZ-Pages Display Status - HeaderBar/Footer Bar/Sidebox (where ever you want them)?

There's also a setting in Admin/Configuration/Maximum Values/Maximum Display EZ-Pages.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TShooters View Post
    Are EZPages turned on in Admin/Configuration/EZ-Pages Settings/
    EZ-Pages Display Status - HeaderBar/Footer Bar/Sidebox (where ever you want them)?
    There's also a setting in Admin/Configuration/Maximum Values/Maximum Display EZ-Pages.
    The maximum values in Configuration don't turn EZ pages on, but they could be turned off if set to 0 or negative value.
    Many users stumble there because if left to 0 it will be turned off even if you select header, footer, etc. If you select "yes", value must be 1 or greater.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dianna11 View Post
    Hey! I had a hard time figuring it out too. It turned out to be far easier than I expected.

First, in the admin, go to Tools-> EZ-Pages

Open a new file.

Decide where you want the page to be linked from, in the side boxes, header, footer, etc. and click yes/no button for each.

Put any html content in the big box.

Click 'insert'

Poof! it is done!

I hope that helps
    It did'nt work for me like that at all. i tested it with a Youtube video. Never popped up at all.

Does it matter what is put into that HTML box?

Yes, it definitely matters. Not all types of code can go into an ez page. Java script for example is especially problematic because most java script appears in a page's header code, and you can only insert code that would normally be in the body section of an html page.

I'm working with this now and testing various things that can and can't go into an easy page, such as dynamic menu code, video and audio player widgets, game widgets, chat room code, etc.

I've asked a similar question to you and the best answer I got was to just play with it and see what it will and won't accept.

Try creating a page with just text in it following the instructions given to you by the previous poster. If it works, then you know you're doing it right. Then if it won't accept your code, you know that code is something you can't use inside an EZ page.

The work around for code that won't work in an EZ page is to manually build a webpage for the content you want, and use an EZ page to make a link for it that appears in your store header, footer and sidebox (as per your preference).

Then, instead of inserting the content into the html box in the ez page, use the internal link box below the html text box to point the link to that page.

I haven't been able to find a list of what kind of content the EZ page will and will not accept, so it's just trial and error.

Hope this helps.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptJunkie View Post
    Try creating a page with just text in it following the instructions given to you by the previous poster. If it works, then you know you're doing it right. Then if it won't accept your code, you know that code is something you can't use inside an EZ page.
    Or to piggyback on this, you can get your HTML page to appear inside your ZenCart header and footer if you call for it through an iframe (which you can use within an EZ Page). There are some limitations with iframes of course, but depending on the content, it could work very well..

I've also used iframes in an EZ Page to call for other things like for example a photo gallery so it appears inside of ZenCart.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, i am really confused here how to use EZ Pages and for waht. I have seen that tutotial but it does not clarify it for me. It just might be me (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...no&article=117)

What I want to do is just create a page like an "About Us."

I tried playing around with it but I am not sure what the naming convention is for the link. is it just the page title? I created a page but it keeps coming up as not found.

sorry for the newbie q.

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast