Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

I've searched this thread and am still in need of help.

I have created 4 ez pages:

Doc2 (same chapter as EZ Pages, shows in header, not in EZ Pages TOC)
    Documents (chapter 20, shows in header, TOC does not show)
    Price List (chapter 20, shows in header, has an internal link, does not show in Documents TOC)
    Tech Doc (chapter 20, shows in header, has an internal link, does not show in Documents TOC)

In short why does it work in the header portion, but not the TOC? I do have the sort orders populated as well.

http://skippypages.com/zen-cart-v1.3...=17&chapter=20

Thanks for the help.
    ZC 1.5.5
    Add ons: - Column/Grid 1.3.8 - Dual pricing 1.7 - ImageHandler3

A couple options:

You could either take screen shots of the settings for each EZ page and post them here so I can see them
    or
    You could PM me with a link to your admin login page and a login password so I can have a look at the EZ pages and see what's going on. (Recommend if you choose this option that you first change your password to something temporary for my use, and then change it back to your private password once I'm out of there.)

Question: I understand you want "Documents" to be an EZ page in the header links, and for a TOC to appear on that page that provide links to the Price List and Tech Doc. Do you also want the Price List and Tech Doc to appear in the header links?

Question: What is the purpose of the EZ Page "Doc2" in relation to the above?

Quote Originally Posted by idc1 View Post

Price List (chapter 20, shows in header, has an internal link, does not show in Documents TOC)
    Tech Doc (chapter 20, shows in header, has an internal link, does not show in Documents TOC)

In short why does it work in the header portion, but not the TOC? I do have the sort orders populated as well.

Thanks for the help.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Or, in lieu of the above, you can read this tutorial on EZ Pages

Thanks for the help.

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

I could not paste the screen shots in here so try clicking on "Doc 2" in the header. http://skippypages.com/zen-cart-v1.3...eset-10262010/

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptJunkie View Post
    A couple options:

You could either take screen shots of the settings for each EZ page and post them here so I can see them
    or
    You could PM me with a link to your admin login page and a login password so I can have a look at the EZ pages and see what's going on. (Recommend if you choose this option that you first change your password to something temporary for my use, and then change it back to your private password once I'm out of there.)
    They are in the header just for testing purposes. The PDF opens there, but again the TOC does not show in "Documents". Therefore the header portion makes me feel that I've done a portion if not all of it right.

Question: I understand you want "Documents" to be an EZ page in the header links, and for a TOC to appear on that page that provide links to the Price List and Tech Doc. Do you also want the Price List and Tech Doc to appear in the header links?

"Doc2" should also be under "EZPages" as a test since I knew the TOC was showing for that particular page.
    Question: What is the purpose of the EZ Page "Doc2" in relation to the above?
    Hope the above is clear. Thanks for the help.
    ZC 1.5.5

I could not paste the screen shots in here so try clicking on "Doc 2" in the header. http://skippypages.com/zen-cart-v1.3...eset-10262010/
    I did that and it took me here, but that doesn't really help me. I need to see your EZ Page settings. If you are unable to post screen shots, the only alternative is to either list every setting for every EZ Page, or provide me a way to log in to your admin and look at them directly.

Empowerment Sanctuary

I've created a series of screen shots with instructions on them as to how to create a TOC page and included a sample image of what I think you're looking for.

If you PM me your email address, I can email you the zip file of images. (the zip file is small - only 158k)

They are in the header just for testing purposes. The PDF opens there, but again the TOC does not show in "Documents". Therefore the header portion makes me feel that I've done a portion if not all of it right.

"Doc2" should also be under "EZPages" as a test since I knew the TOC was showing for that particular page.

Hope the above is clear. Thanks for the help.

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

I did that and it took me here, but that doesn't really help me. I need to see your EZ Page settings. If you are unable to post screen shots, the only alternative is to either list every setting for every EZ Page, or provide me a way to log in to your admin and look at them directly.
    That's odd. I wonder if it is a cache issue. It should have taken you to http://skippypages.com/zen-cart-v1.3...gesettings.doc

I'll PM you as well just in case it still chooses not to work on this new day.
    ZC 1.5.5

That's odd. I wonder if it is a cache issue. It should have taken you to http://skippypages.com/zen-cart-v1.3...gesettings.doc

I'll PM you as well just in case it still chooses not to work on this new day.
    Ok! Based on the settings you provided in the downloadable document, it looks like your settings are fine. What's missing is the TOC contents on the EZ Page "Documents". I'm going to email you the screen shots/instructions I created yesterday. This should provide you with an adequate example of how to create the TOC you desire.

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Here is what I have concluded:

The ZenCart default EZ Pages has a TOC on the right side that shows "What is EZ Pages?", "A New Page", "Another New Page". This TOC is auto generated when the subpages are text only as in the above example.

However, if you assign an internal link to any of the subpages; that particular page title will not auto generate into the TOC.

A fix as suggested by ScriptJunkie is to:

Page Title: Main Page
    Chapter 10
    TOC 20
    HTML Content: Sub Page1 (html code this as a hyperlink)

Page Title: Sub Page1
    Chapter 10
    TOC 30
    Internal Link: Assign whatever URL fits your needs (ex: /images/docs/subpag1e.pdf)
    ZC 1.5.5

Plugin Contributions

Here is what I have concluded:

The ZenCart default EZ Pages has a TOC on the right side that shows "What is EZ Pages?", "A New Page", "Another New Page". This TOC is auto generated when the subpages are text only as in the above example.

However, if you assign an internal link to any of the subpages; that particular page title will not auto generate into the TOC.

A fix as suggested by ScriptJunkie is to:

Page Title: Main Page
    Chapter 10
    TOC 20
    HTML Content: Sub Page1 (html code this as a hyperlink)

Page Title: Sub Page1
    Chapter 10
    TOC 30
    Internal Link: Assign whatever URL fits your needs (ex: /images/docs/subpag1e.pdf)
    Does anyone know if this is an oversight, bug, or done intentionally?
    ZC 1.5.5

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast