Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by cregy View Post
    Hi

As described the link can only be the one in the tpl_header file. However, it is the words about us that might be the problem. Can you send a url so we can see exactly what you are talking about.

Thanks.

Rich
    I am just learning/testing so it is on my lasptop.. I will try to move it up to ISP..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    It won't be in the header.
    That "About Us" is after the breadcrumbs, and equivalent to the category name on a product page. I don't know the file offhand, but it will be a content/body tpl_ file, I suspect. It is possible that it could be removed by editing a define in a language file, such as ABOUT_US_HEADING or some such.
    Look around and let us know what you find.
    I understood these are stored in the database so I really cannot find a "tpl_page" per say, correct??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sunabac View Post
    I am just learning/testing so it is on my lasptop.. I will try to move it up to ISP..
    took me a while, but you can see my test at:

http://test.pridepak.com/Pridepak4/

All the pages under "Company Info" were created with EX Pages. I would like to remove the headings which are coming from the page name. I found it in the database, but I am hoping for e simpler solution where I could set the default for all pages created with EZ Pages.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Bumping for its own sake is frowned upon in this forum. It's a very active forum, so it you don't get an answer that usually means that it's too complex for a forum post, no body knows the answer, or nobody understands the question. In this case, I suspect that the latter is the problem. I recommend some clarification as to what you are asking, and a link to a site displaying the problem - I can't see anything wrong with the footer on site to which you linked previously.
    I apologize for coloring outside the lines so to speak.. It certainly wasn't my intent.. However, in my own defense I waited a few days before bumping the post.. No harm intended, just simply seeking answers.. Again my apologies..

As for the site, the footer looks normal now because I had centered the footer, then messed around with the footer separator in order to fudge the look I was after. If I remove all of that the footer alignment behavior is as I described in my previous post. (where I have included a link to the site in question)

Quote Originally Posted by cregy View Post
    Hi

I suspect that instead of removing the whole section. i.e. the div everything to sort out the 'home' link, he has just removed the php code. Leaving the div will probably interfere with your design.

Just to confirm what Kuroi has said, answers come very fast normally.

Rich

P.S. If this doesn't help we will need a link!
    I'm not sure I completely understand you.. In removing the "Home" link from the EZ Pages footer, did I comment out the wrong thing in the code and as a result it's now interfering with my design?? If I am understanding you correctly, how do I fix this??

Plugin Contributions

Oh dear, I'm just full of questions this week.

For the most part, I understand how EZ-Pages work and it has done a wonderful job of making things look nice and organized on my site. However, I have one question in regards to their use via sidebox.

In most cases, it looks like people would just use EZ-Pages to display links in the sidebox, but is it possible to add regular text on top of that? I am trying to use EZ-Pages to make a schedule of sorts with a blurb and then a list of links. Based on what is given, I can make a link that leads to...said blurb and links, but I want to be able to display that in the sidebox itself.

Would the TOC/Chapters option do the trick? That's the one I have not tried yet. As is how I do things, I will trudge ahead to find an answer for myself and will post it should someone else have as bizarre a request as I usually have. ^_^;;;

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sunabac View Post
    took me a while, but you can see my test at:

http://test.pridepak.com/Pridepak4/

All the pages under "Company Info" were created with EX Pages. I would like to remove the headings which are coming from the page name. I found it in the database, but I am hoping for e simpler solution where I could set the default for all pages created with EZ Pages.
    Sunabac

The site's looking good and I believe that adding the following to your stylesheet will achieve the effect for which you are aiming
    #ezPagesHeading {display:none}
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    I waited a few days before bumping the post.
    That's true. And you had indeed posted a link to the site earlier in the thread .... to which I had responded I guess sometimes when we're rushing around answering questions in multiple threads we lose track of what's happened previously. So just a gentle suggestion that if you don't get an answer first time, it's very unlikely to be because you're being ignored and adding extra information or clarification will usually get you a response, even if it's only to explain why we don't understand.

I've taken a look at your footer. And whilst I can't comment on the code changes you have made to achieve this (as they're on your server) I see nothing in the results being output that should cause you any concerns.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kusogaki View Post
    In most cases, it looks like people would just use EZ-Pages to display links in the sidebox, but is it possible to add regular text on top of that?
    It certainly is. This FAQ entry has been added to give a simple example to show how.

Plugin Contributions

Ya know...I really should read the FAQ pages instead of just pummeling the search function on the forums for answers...sometimes the answer is just staring you in the face. Laughing as well perhaps.

Thanks for the heads-up Kuroi! It's good people like you and the ZC staffers that put up with dumb questions from newbies like me that makes me really enjoy using zencart. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Sunabac

The site's looking good and I believe that adding the following to your stylesheet will achieve the effect for which you are aiming
    Thank you! It works!

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast