Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by kusogaki View Post
    Ya know...I really should read the FAQ pages instead of just pummeling the search function on the forums for answers...sometimes the answer is just staring you in the face. Laughing as well perhaps.
    The FAQ is always a good place to start. But don't beat yourself up over this one - that FAQ entry wasn't there when you asked the question.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to have 2 separate sideboxes of EZ-Pages?

Right now I have a sidebox of EZ-Pages which I renamed the header "Information". I want to have another sidebox of EZ-Pages with the header "Helpdesk". Is this possible and how do I go about doing it?

And if not, what's the best way to have this layout?

Thanks!

ps. my apologies if this is documented somewhere in the forum, I've searched for a couple of hours and couldn't find anything...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    That's true. And you had indeed posted a link to the site earlier in the thread .... to which I had responded I guess sometimes when we're rushing around answering questions in multiple threads we lose track of what's happened previously. So just a gentle suggestion that if you don't get an answer first time, it's very unlikely to be because you're being ignored and adding extra information or clarification will usually get you a response, even if it's only to explain why we don't understand.
    No problem.. I DO understand that!

I've taken a look at your footer. And whilst I can't comment on the code changes you have made to achieve this (as they're on your server) I see nothing in the results being output that should cause you any concerns.
    That's cool.. I can't figure out why it's adding a space where the home link used to be.. You can see the samething happening on my other test site too (http://divawebdzine.com/clients/silkythecap/) You'll notice that the footer seperator is the first thing in the footer line as if the now commented out Home link is still there preceeding the seperator.. Strange.. Especially when you consider that this does not occur if I comment out the home link in the header..

For the Treelife Publishing site (the one I previous posted a link to), I used some hard coded spaces and modified the footer seperators to make it "look" the way I want for now.. I KNOW KNOW.. not the way I was supposed to do it, but I short of another answer I don't know how else I'm gonna work around this strange behavior.. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the other site.. I may have to turn the EZ Pages footer off altogether..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    I can't figure out why it's adding a space where the home link used to be.. You can see the samething happening on my other test site too (http://divawebdzine.com/clients/silkythecap/) You'll notice that the footer seperator is the first thing in the footer line as if the now commented out Home link is still there preceeding the seperator.. Strange.. Especially when you consider that this does not occur if I comment out the home link in the header..
    I'm afraid that you've misdiagnosed the problem. Take a look on your silkythecap site at the separator between the header links and then at the rogue separator in your footer ... look familiar?

This isn't coming from your HTML or the home link. That genuinely has gone. What is happening is that your header links are constructed differently from those in your footer. In the header they are each contained within an LI tag pair, but for the footer they are all contained within a single LI pair.

In your stylesheet you will find the following creating a separator to the left of each header and footer LI.
    #navMain ul li, #navSupp ul li, #navCatTabs ul li {
    border-left:2px solid;
    color:#000000;
    display:inline;
    }
    To negate the effects in your footer, simply add the following immediately afterwards
    #navSupp ul li {border-left:none]

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dcschan View Post
    I'm wondering if it's possible to have 2 separate sideboxes of EZ-Pages?
    Not currently without some serious programming to the Admin to support it. It was recently requested as an enhancement to Zen Cart, so keep your fingers crossed, maybe it will appear in a future release.

Yopur alternative for the time being would be to create new pages following the page 2, page 3, page 4 model and rename the more information box.

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid that you've misdiagnosed the problem. Take a look on your silkythecap site at the separator between the header links and then at the rogue separator in your footer ... look familiar?

This isn't coming from your HTML or the home link. That genuinely has gone. What is happening is that your header links are constructed differently from those in your footer. In the header they are each contained within an LI tag pair, but for the footer they are all contained within a single LI pair.

In your stylesheet you will find the following creating a separator to the left of each header and footer LI.
    To negate the effects in your footer, simply add the following immediately afterwards
    OMG.. thank you!!!!! You know I knew deep down this was SOMEWHERE in the CSS, but I couldn't for the LIFE OF ME figure out where.. You are my HERO!!!! I would marry you, but I'm already married, and well.. I'm not THAT EASY! Again.. thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! Whew.. Gonna put some things back where I found 'em (so to speak) and then set this back up correctly..

Last task for Treelife is banging that gosh darn CSS dropdown together.. Macs all but IGNORE that darn menu.. *sigh* why oh why can't my client let that go!! *sigh*

Oh well that's tomorrow's problem..laugh: Thanks again SOOOOOOOO very much.. I promise to be a better netcitizen 'round here..

**makes note to self**
    "write on blackboard 300 times -- I will not bump posts uncecessarily, I will not bump posts uncecessarily, I will not.."

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    **makes note to self**
    "write on blackboard 300 times -- I will not bump posts uncecessarily, I will not bump posts uncecessarily, I will not.."
    "T'ain't What You Do (It's the Way That You Do It)" - Fun Boy Three and Bananarama with apologies to Sy Oliver.

I can't claim a great deal of expertise on Macs, I've owned one for just 12 hours. But the menu on TreeLifePublishing seems to me to be working. At least on Tiger with the current version of Safari.

On the other hand, if it wasn't working properly on IE Mac nobody would be surprised and even fewer people would care.

Plugin Contributions

I can't claim a great deal of expertise on Macs, I've owned one for just 12 hours. But the menu on TreeLifePublishing seems to me to be working. At least on Tiger with the current version of Safari.
    Yeah I'm testing on Panther with Safari & Firefox.. This sucks majorly.. I'll work it out though..

On the other hand, if it wasn't working properly on IE Mac nobody would be surprised and even fewer people would care.
    Oh I stopped caring about IE for the Mac YEARS ago (as did most self respecting Mac users--except those clinging to Mac Classics by their fingernails...)!

Plugin Contributions

Okay just a simple question.. Sorry I'm really tired and been working for over 13 hours straight so I didn't quite catch the ezpages function and I'll try to read this topic again tomorrow but what I'd need help for now is:
    I had this big "box" with image and text for new stuff etc which I manually updated from the admin in my zen1.2.7 using the main define page. Can I create a simple html snippet with ez-page and then call it to my index template with some function?
    Many thanks and sorry for my impatience.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by poosk View Post
    I had this big "box" with image and text for new stuff etc which I manually updated from the admin in my zen1.2.7 using the main define page. Can I create a simple html snippet with ez-page and then call it to my index template with some function?
    No. The way in which you did it for 1.2.7 would still be the best way to go in 1.3 for this specific requirement.

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast