Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptJunkie View Post
    Why don't you just paste the code for the size chart page into the EZ page, so that the EZ page itself is the size chart?
    Yep - I've done that for now - see - http://www.eroticfem.com.au/index.ph...age=page&id=15

However, I would still like to know how to use the internal link feature which means I need to know where to put the pages lol.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Burty View Post
    Could someone please confirm - As EZ pages are dynamic they don't have any value in terms of SEO? I would be better spending time creating a content rich category or product page?
    Can't confirm the first part, as it's wrong. EZ pages do have SEO value. Search engines don't care whether pages are built dynamically or are static, they care only about the quality of the resulting content.

Where your time would be best spent building content is a question for which the answer would be specific to your site, so really not one that we could answer for you.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Burty View Post
    Could someone please confirm - As EZ pages are dynamic they don't have any value in terms of SEO? I would be better spending time creating a content rich category or product page?
    Can't confirm the first part, as it's wrong. EZ pages do have SEO value. Search engines don't care whether pages are built dynamically or are static, they care only about the quality of the resulting content.

Where your time would be best spent building content is a question for which the answer would be specific to your site, so really not one that we could answer for you.

As a general principle though, I'd recommend that you not get too hung up on perfecting your SEO - that's just one tool in your online Marketing toolkit and it's conversion of qualified leads that makes an e-store successful, not search engine traffic alone.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Kurio,

I do appreciate what you are saying.

I would like to have the option to control the meta tags for the EZ pages but from what I can see that isn't possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jingjo View Post
    Yep - I've done that for now - see - http://www.eroticfem.com.au/index.ph...age=page&id=15

However, I would still like to know how to use the internal link feature which means I need to know where to put the pages lol.
    ahh..ok From your initial post, I think you may be going about it backwards - it's actually much easier than that.

You can put the page anywhere you want to on your server - just write the link accordingly and pop the link into the EZ page.

For example, let's say the page you made that contains the size chart is called size_chart.html. Below is an example of how to link this page to your ez page.

• Place the file size_chart.html anywhere you want on your server. For example, the root of your store.
    • This would be your link:
      Code:
      http://www.eroticfem.com.au/size_chart.html
    • Go to the corresponding EZ Page & click "Edit"
    • Scroll down to the "external link" box and paste in the link.
    • Save

That's all there is to it.

Also, here's a bit of friendly advice re: forum etiquette. When you post any links to an adult site, please post a warning with the link in case folks are opening the link from their place of employment so they don't get into trouble with their boss.

I know it seems pretty obvious that this is an adult site based on the site name in the link you provided, but folks don't always read those links...they just click them.

No big deal, just letting you know about it
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

This may seem silly but what is the difference between EZ Pages and Define Pages Editor...I have used both to create pages on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by weddingflowers View Post
    This may seem silly but what is the difference between EZ Pages and Define Pages Editor...I have used both to create pages on my site.
    The Define Pages Editor allows you to edit specific store pages from the admin using a WYSIWYG so that you don't have to go into the files and write in HTML in order to edit them. Your privacy policy, conditions policy, and shipping policy are examples of specific store pages that can be edited using the Define Pages Editor.

Zen Cart also provides you with 3 complete but blank page templates (define_page_2, define_page_3, and define_page_4) to use for the creation of additional pages you may desire (additional policies for example)

EZ Pages allow you to
    • Create an unlimited number of pages for your store
    • Place links for them in a variety of places in the store (header, footer, sidebox)
    • Assign an SSL status to each page you create
    • Assign page an "open in the same or in new window" status to each page you create
    • Create nested pages or a specific page structure using EZ Pages Table of Contents (TOC) feature
    • Use links to pages that have already been created (either internal store pages or external website pages) to create a page in your store
    • Create pages using a WYSIWYG text editor so you don't have to write in HTML.

You can learn more by doing a search in the Tutorials/FAQ section of the support forum.

Happy Zenning

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    You could, but that would involve hacking the information sidebox. It's easier to redefine each of the links in the information sidebox as an internal EZ-Page link and then add your additional pages to the EZ-Pages sidebox. This gives you much more flexibility to change your mind later and move a link or links to the header or footer instead.
    How do you do this? I'd like to simply rename Page2, Page3 and Page4 to something more usable. How do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by latitude58 View Post
    How do you do this? I'd like to simply rename Page2, Page3 and Page4 to something more usable. How do I do this?
    Go to includes/languages/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/english.php

If the english.php file is not yet in the YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE folder, copy it to that folder first.

If you don't have a CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_FOLDER or don't know what that means, read up about the override system before making any changes to your cart. Another useful tutorial is here

Once you've set up your override system and copied the appropriate file as listed above, it's time to edit the file. Using a text editor like Notepad (never use MS Word!!) locate the text that needs editing:

Around line 149, you'll find this:
    Code:
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2', 'Page 2');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_3', 'Page 3');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_4', 'Page 4');
    Change the red text to your new page title

Good luck and happy zenning

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptJunkie View Post
    Also, here's a bit of friendly advice re: forum etiquette. When you post any links to an adult site, please post a warning with the link in case folks are opening the link from their place of employment so they don't get into trouble with their boss.

I know it seems pretty obvious that this is an adult site based on the site name in the link you provided, but folks don't always read those links...they just click them.

No big deal, just letting you know about it
    Thanks ScriptJunkie - advice on forum etiquette duly noted

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast