Plugin Contributions

Default Coupons for subscribers

Hi

I am having something of a marketing push and am trying to tempt more people to sign up to the newsletter when registering.

One way I thought of ,would be to give a discount to anyone who subscribes when registering.

Does anyone know of a way this can be achieved using the existing coupon structure.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupons for subscribers

You could customize the code to send a Discount Coupon based on their setting for the Newseletter ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately the word customise usually means beyound my capability

Any idea how many files would need to be amended .............and how difficult it would be (he asks tentatively)

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

You could customize the /includes/modules/create_account.php and use the templates and overrides for it ...

Test for the newsletter and send the discount coupon in the same or separate email ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

Thank you for all your contributions to this forum.

You mentioned in a forum a while back that it is possible to only send a new customer coupon to new customers who subscribe to the newsletter.

I was wondering if you could give me a little more information on how to customise /includes/modules/create_account.php so I can do that.

I currently have it set up where all new customers receive a coupon code in their welcome email, but I would like to only send it to those who subscribe to our newsletter.

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me!

Ryan

www.naturalcupboard.com
    Last edited by thegolfguru; 21 Jan 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You could change the code around line 357 to read:
    Code:
        if ($_POST['newsletter'] && NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '' and NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '0') {
    then test it that only those who select the Newsletter get the Discount Coupon that you have setup for first time customers ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! Unfortunately I am a huge novice so I still messed up somewhere!

Am I adding that script to create_accout.php, or am I supposed to edit a current line and change it with what you provided?

I just tried adding it where you said and got this error message on the website: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /includes/modules/create_account.php on line 433"

433 is the last line of the text so I'm not sure what I did. Also I wanted to add the script I have for /includes/modules/create_account.php but I'm not sure how to create that code box you used above. Let me know if that would help, I'll figure it out :)

Thanks again for your quick reply and for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You could change the code around line 357 to read:
    Code:
        if ($_POST['newsletter'] && NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '' and NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '0') {
    then test it that only those who select the Newsletter get the Discount Coupon that you have setup for first time customers ...
    It seems you mean change current code...do you know what line of code needs to be changed? Sorry for being such a noob :/

Plugin Contributions

Well .. I said to look at line 357 because that appears to be the line in my code ...

Your code should be similar ...

You should use the templates and overrides for you changes and leave the original file alone and copy it to:
    /includes/modules/your_template_dir/create_account.php

and make the changes to that file ...
    Linda McGrath