Plugin Contributions

Default Changing /admin Folder Name

I'm wondering if there would be any problem of changing the /admin folder name (as suggested in the site security recommends) to something with foreign characters. For example, changing from /admin to /âdmin, admīn, /a™in, or some completely different word using non-traditional characters. Problem is, I don't know if this would cause any conflict down the road with the software's ability to acknowledge these characters. Anyone know?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing /admin Folder Name

Bad plan ... use things that unix, editors, FTP, etc. are not going to have issues with ...

I am sure you can come up with some "secret" name for your admin directory ... think l33t ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ah I see. Thanks for saving me the headache. I admit I had to look up what l33t meant but then all those online gamer clan names I had seen made so much more sense!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Phid
    Ah I see. Thanks for saving me the headache. I admit I had to look up what l33t meant but then all those online gamer clan names I had seen made so much more sense!

There we go! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A787917

Leet is a slang term used primarily on the Internet, particularly in online games. It is derived from the word "Elite" and generally has the same meaning when referring to the skills of another person. The term is often written with numbers replacing letters, such as 1337, l33t, l33+, as well as many other variations.

Leet can be defined as the corruption or modification of written text. For example, the term "leet" itself is often written "l33t" or "1337". Such corruptions are frequently referred to as "Leetspeak". In addition to corruption of standard language, new colloquialisms have been added to the parlance. It is also important to note that Leet itself is not solely based upon one language or character set. Greek, Russian, Chinese, and other languages have been subjected to the Leet "cipher". As such, while it may be referred to as a "cipher", a "dialect", or a "language", Leet does not fit squarely into any of these categories. This article primarily concerns the English Language variant of Leet.
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!