Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: coupons expired not showing inactive

Actually the message displays a successful message

"Congratulations you have redeemed the Discount Coupon"

But the price doesn't change and the total stays the same.

Plugin Contributions

What are all the settings on the Discount Coupon that you are using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Same as other coupons... We do have custom work done to the site, it might of affected it. I have to dig deep into it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kavlito View Post
    This is exactly what I have been trying to resolve. If any of my coupons have expired, they should show in the Inactive Coupons. I do not want them showing as Active when they are inactive. This is extremely confusing for my customer service reps. We are using coupon codes extensively and it's getting very difficult to manage them when they do not show under the correct status. Unfortunately, I do not know enough about PHP coding to make the necessary changes. These posts are from 2006 and it seems have been dismissed.

Also, re: 'any coupon should be able to be active again simply by changing the dates and/or setting its status back to "active".
    ', I found this: http://www.numinix.com/blog/2010/10/...coupon-active/

One thing I've done to help me manage my coupon codes is to change the displayed sort order by Expires date in decending order so that I see my most recent "active" coupons first.

In admin/coupon_admin.php, I added ORDER BY coupon_expires_date DESC around lines 1020 & 1022. See mods in red below:

Code:
    if ($status != '*') {
          $cc_query_raw = "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " . TABLE_COUPONS ." where coupon_active='" . zen_db_input($status) . "' and coupon_type != 'G' ORDER BY coupon_expire_date DESC";
        } else {
          $cc_query_raw = "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " . TABLE_COUPONS . " where coupon_type != 'G' ORDER BY coupon_expire_date DESC";
        }
    P.S., "air quotes" are necessary when using the terms "active" and "inactive" in the context of coupon codes as their actual meanings seem to be skewed. ;)
    Last edited by kavlito; 22 Feb 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I know this is an old thread, but maybe this will help someone.

This code excludes expired coupons from the "Active" listing and sorts the coupons by type, then amount. To see all "Active" coupons, including expired coupons, just select the "All Coupons" list from the dropdown.

Code:
       if ($status != '*') {
          $cc_query_raw = "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " . TABLE_COUPONS ." where coupon_active='" . zen_db_input($status) . "' and coupon_type != 'G' AND coupon_expire_date >= CURDATE() ORDER BY coupon_type ASC, coupon_amount ASC";
        } else {
          $cc_query_raw = "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " . TABLE_COUPONS . " where coupon_type != 'G' ORDER BY coupon_type ASC, coupon_amount ASC";
        }

Plugin Contributions

Was having issues with the coupon list.. updated the query to:

PHP Code:
          if($status == 'Y') { $cc_query_raw "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " TABLE_COUPONS ." where coupon_active='Y' AND coupon_expire_date >= CURDATE() and coupon_type != 'G' ORDER BY coupon_type ASC, coupon_amount ASC"; }
         elseif (
    $status == 'N') { $cc_query_raw "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " TABLE_COUPONS ." where coupon_active='N' AND coupon_type != 'G' ORDER BY coupon_type ASC, coupon_amount ASC"; }
          else { 
    $cc_query_raw "select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified, coupon_active, coupon_zone_restriction from " TABLE_COUPONS " where coupon_type != 'G' ORDER BY coupon_type ASC, coupon_amount ASC";
        } 

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting Old Coupon Codes?

I realize this is a very old thread, but I am having this exact same problem... I don't think the original poster was communicating himself correctly, which is why he was unable to receive the correct answer.... I'm going to give this a shot myself, hopefully someone will understand what I am trying to communicate here.

I too am using Zencart. Yes it is the most recent version of Zencart. I am having a problem with my coupon codes (discount codes) as well...

|Here is my problem....

I am having problems re-using coupon/discount codes as well. I am familiar with the Admin panel, however once a coupon code expires, that's it... it non-usable again, ever! Even if I toggle to the "Inactive" coupon code page, I am still unable to effective edit, or change the status of any of the old coupon codes.

There does not exist a way for which to change the "N", to a "Yes", or a "Y", or any other letter of the alphabet for that matter. Even change the date of the coupon code does not allow me to use it again, once it's expired, it is FOREVER dead! I have even tried re-naming the old coupon codes to some other string of letters so that I could be able to re-use the name that way, and that doesn't work either! There is no option on the buttons to the right to turn it back on, there is no option inside the coupon code settings to turn it on/off, there is nothing that works which will allow me to re-name, change the date of, or adjust any setting which will allow me to use any coupon code that has become expired. Once they expire, they are never to be used again.

So, what am I over looking? What is the fix for this? Or is this by chance perhaps some weird glitch in the Zencart design that has somehow gone overlooked all these years? I would REALLY love to be able to reuse these coupon codes, but nothing I try allows me to dot hat. please help.

Plugin Contributions

I realize this is a very old thread, but I am having this exact same problem... I don't think the original poster was communicating himself correctly, which is why he was unable to receive the correct answer.... I'm going to give this a shot myself, hopefully someone will understand what I am trying to communicate here.

I too am using Zencart. Yes it is the most recent version of Zencart. I am having a problem with my coupon codes (discount codes) as well...

|Here is my problem....

I am having problems re-using coupon/discount codes as well. I am familiar with the Admin panel, however once a coupon code expires, that's it... it non-usable again, ever! Even if I toggle to the "Inactive" coupon code page, I am still unable to effective edit, or change the status of any of the old coupon codes.

There does not exist a way for which to change the "N", to a "Yes", or a "Y", or any other letter of the alphabet for that matter. Even change the date of the coupon code does not allow me to use it again, once it's expired, it is FOREVER dead! I have even tried re-naming the old coupon codes to some other string of letters so that I could be able to re-use the name that way, and that doesn't work either! There is no option on the buttons to the right to turn it back on, there is no option inside the coupon code settings to turn it on/off, there is nothing that works which will allow me to re-name, change the date of, or adjust any setting which will allow me to use any coupon code that has become expired. Once they expire, they are never to be used again.

So, what am I over looking? What is the fix for this? Or is this by chance perhaps some weird glitch in the Zencart design that has somehow gone overlooked all these years? I would REALLY love to be able to reuse these coupon codes, but nothing I try allows me to dot hat. please help.

Plugin Contributions

i see your dilemma.... i think....

assume the coupon you want to re-activate is called: 'COUPONCODE'

the easiest thing to do would be as follows:

admin -> tools -> install SQL patches and then run the following statement:
    Code:
    update coupons set coupon_active = 'Y' where coupon_code = 'COUPONCODE';
    as with all things SQL, use at your own peril!

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help CarlWhat.

I know it's an old thread, but my cart 1.5.4 is not automatically changing the coupon status to inactive after the set "end date". I have coupons that ended 2-3 years ago and still showing as active.
    I do not have the knowledge to create codes to fix it, but I can modify files if anyone give me some directions.
    Thanks in advance guys!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast