Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting Old Coupon Codes?

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Ajeh,

I tried today to delete a coupon on the Admin side and it basically just changed the status to inactive instead of deleting it from the database. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    That is by design.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting Old Coupon Codes?

Thanks DrByte! In that case I need to go find a different thread to attach my issue. I was prompted to delete a coupon today when an expired coupon was accepted as valid by Zen Cart. I will go look for the best thread to pick up this issue.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: coupons expired not showing inactive

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    Also - entering in an "inactive" coupon code into the discount_coupon page still shows all the info for that coupon. What exactly is the difference between active and inactive then?

To me, and I think others would agree, "inactive" should be any coupon that can't currently be used - either because the admin set it to inactive, or it has expired. I also suggest that any coupon should be able to be active again simply by changing the dates and/or setting its status back to "active".

Just suggestions.

- Steven
    This is exactly what I have been trying to resolve. If any of my coupons have expired, they should show in the Inactive Coupons. I do not want them showing as Active when they are inactive. This is extremely confusing for my customer service reps. We are using coupon codes extensively and it's getting very difficult to manage them when they do not show under the correct status. Unfortunately, I do not know enough about PHP coding to make the necessary changes. These posts are from 2006 and it seems have been dismissed.

Also, re: 'any coupon should be able to be active again simply by changing the dates and/or setting its status back to "active".
    ', I found this: http://www.numinix.com/blog/2010/10/...coupon-active/

Plugin Contributions

Well the problem is two fold ...

If the Discount Coupons were automatically set to Inactive, then you could not fully edit the Discount Coupon once it expired as now it is Inactive ... because while you could "edit" the Inactive coupon, you cannot set the status to make it Active ...

If you Delete the coupon, that will set it to Inactive ...

NOTE: if someone tries to use an expired coupon, even if set to Active, it cannot be used ...

NOTE: Inactive Coupons can be copied to new Active Coupons with the copy button ...

If deleting the expired coupons is too much to manage manually, you could write some custom code to set the Discount Coupons to Inactive when they expire, similar to how the banners expire or the featured products expire etc.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

So I have a coupon that expired.

I edited the coupon and extended the expiration date. But it still doesn't allow customers to use it.

Coupon status is set to active Y

Can you edit the expiration date after the coupon expire?

Plugin Contributions

I am not able to duplicate that ...

If I have a Discount Coupon and enter the code and am told it is expired ... and that Discount Coupon is showing as Status Y ... I simply edit the Discount Coupon and change the expiration date and the Discount Coupon is now Valid ....
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What if the coupon is inactive and you change it's status to active in database "coupons table"? shouldn't that make it work again? Is there any other tables that effect the coupons?

Note: Coupon has categories restrictions.
    Last edited by CoolCarPartsOnline; 4 May 2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: added info

Plugin Contributions

If you manually were to change the Discount Coupon to Active where Status reads: Y

then it would come back to life one day ... just like Frosty ...

err ... umm ... yes it would then be able to be made Active and current when the expiration date is fixed ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks

Then it's gotta be something else on my site making it not work.

Plugin Contributions

Does the message when you use it say:
    This coupon has expired

or do you see some other message when it fails?
    Linda McGrath

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast