Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble Setting Up Downloads

Ummm... I can't seem to find the basic dirctions for setting up virual products to download... It's just for a simple mp3 site for my brother to put his own music on. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Thanks... that looks great!

Plugin Contributions

I spoke too soon!

I am still unclear about what to add in the name values etc... The explaination about color and size has me completely confused.
    What I want to do is sell MP3s. I understand I should zip them and put them in shop/download.... but after that my head is swimming. Help!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, did u come right with setting up your downloads? i'm having a similar problem. How do you set up downloads if your site is set not to have the "Add-to-cart" button. I've done everything & when u come 2 the product it shows the download radio button but then what? I don't have a buy now or add-to-cart button. How do i allow my customers to download a file by clicking on an image which says "Download"? I don't need to have multiple options. It is a Word document.

Plugin Contributions

Well, everything's working on mine fine now. The site is http://store.fusco-moore.com if you want to check it out.

The thing you gotta look for is the "Attributes Controller". That will give you all the options for downloads. You have to tell it if you want radio buttons, a drop-down menu (like I have), etc.

You then have to set up download types. For instance, I set up my downloads to have the options of mp3 file, iTunes file, jpeg, and document. Then you make your products like you normally would. Then you have to go to the Attributes and select the product. Then you add attributes for the product. For instance, if my product is a song, I'll give it an attribute for an iTunes file and upload that iTunes file to the directory in the store so people can purchase it. Then, I'll make another attribute (and upload another file) because I'll have an mp3 version.

I'm sure all of that doesn't make much sense- it's a ton of steps. But, I found the answers here on the forum and now my store is running great!! Good luck,

~Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wcjmproducer View Post
    Well, everything's working on mine fine now. The site is http://store.fusco-moore.com if you want to check it out.

The thing you gotta look for is the "Attributes Controller". That will give you all the options for downloads. You have to tell it if you want radio buttons, a drop-down menu (like I have), etc.

You then have to set up download types. For instance, I set up my downloads to have the options of mp3 file, iTunes file, jpeg, and document. Then you make your products like you normally would. Then you have to go to the Attributes and select the product. Then you add attributes for the product. For instance, if my product is a song, I'll give it an attribute for an iTunes file and upload that iTunes file to the directory in the store so people can purchase it. Then, I'll make another attribute (and upload another file) because I'll have an mp3 version.

I'm sure all of that doesn't make much sense- it's a ton of steps. But, I found the answers here on the forum and now my store is running great!! Good luck,

~Jim
    Nice website Jim. Good customisation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123