Plugin Contributions

500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

I have reinstalled Zen Cart 5 times now, and I'm afraid to configure anything because the last 4 times, I get Internal Server Errors, and I cannot go on. I've read the posts and nothing seems to work. The main concern I see is with the following:

• PHP API Mode = cgi-fcgi Click here for more info
    • MySQL Version = Unknown Click here for more info

1. What version of Zen Cart? 1.3.0.2
    2. What version of PHP? PHP 4.3.11
    3. What version of MySQL? MySQL 4.0.24
    4. What version of Apache/IIS? Apache 1.3
    5. Are you hosting on Linux/Unix or Windows? Red Hat Linux
    6. Who is your host? Go Daddy
    7. What's the URL to your zc_install/techsupp.php?

Also, Under the "click here for more info" on the first warning, it says "PHP running as cgi not recommended unless server is Windows. Running PHP as CGI can be problematic on some Linux/Unix servers. Windows servers, however, "always" run PHP as a cgi module, in which case this warning can be ignored."

I'm confused. I'm new at this but I didn't think PHP could be run on Windows. So it looks like I think wrong. lol. Am I to understand that Zen Cart will run better using PHP run on Windows Server?

OMG, I just finished the 5th install and I got into the Admin and the Store, and now I tried again, and I cannot get into either. I haven't don't any configuring, oh, except I checked the permissions on the 2 configure.php files. They were set at 644 which I accepted and I downloaded both files to save as copies. Now I cannot do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Syl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Quote Originally Posted by smprowse
    I'm confused. I'm new at this but I didn't think PHP could be run on Windows. So it looks like I think wrong. lol. Am I to understand that Zen Cart will run better using PHP run on Windows Server?
    Yes, PHP "can" be run on Windows.

But, Zen Cart runs better on a Linux platform.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just finished the 5th install and I got into the Admin and the Store, and now I tried again, and I cannot get into either. I haven't don't any configuring, oh, except I checked the permissions on the 2 configure.php files. They were set at 644 which I accepted and I downloaded both files to save as copies. Now I cannot do anything.
    Are you saying that you're still getting "500 internal server error" messages?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you find where GoDaddy shows you your site's errorlog details?
    It'll tell you why you're getting the 500 errors.

Plugin Contributions

Just an update.

I remembered I added the .htmlaccess file to the root and added what they suggested. So I renamed the file and I can now get into the installation and admin directories but I cannot get into the store. I get the following error plus when I started the install again, it now says " MySQL Version = 4.0.27-max-log" so that warning has disappeared.

The error I get when I try to get into the store is:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in

.../html/catalog/index.php on line 43

I think I'm giving it a break...I've been at it too long now. If you have any ideas, great, if not, I'll try again tomorrow. This is very frustrating, and I thank everyone for their help.

Syl

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Are you saying that you're still getting "500 internal server error" messages?
    Sorry, Yes, I was getting the "500 Internal Server Error" again. I'll have a look for the logs tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

Sylvia

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php'
    That error suggests that something's not right in your /includes/configure.php file.
    Can you post that file's contents here without passwords?

Plugin Contributions

I had that 500 Internal Server Error problem after having installed the Ultimate SEO mod and copied the .htaccess file into the zencart directory.

I just comment out from the .access file (remove) the line: "Options +FollowSymLinks"

and it worked perfectly !!

(I do not have a clue on why this is ....)

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem.

To fix it I opened the .HTACCESS in the zc_install folder and changed:

#SecFilterEngine off
    #SecFilterScanPOST Off

to

SecFilterEngine off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off

In other words, un-commented the 2 lines.