Plugin Contributions

Newsletter sidebox

Hi all,

I am using zencart 1.2.7. How do I turn on or install a newsletter sidebox? It is not in the layout boxes controller. Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Ethan
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Newsletter sidebox

Hi,

I downloaded and followed the instructions to install the newsletter subscribe module but a fatal error has occurred:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_validate_email() (previously declared in /home/dealbyet/public_html/includes/functions/functions_email.php:454) in /home/dealbyet/public_html/includes/functions/validations.php on line 113

Also, I don't see Subsription Manager under the Customer tab. In Configuration-->My Store, the option that allows/disable subscription is not seen. What did I do wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Ethan
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter sidebox

I believe you may have downloaded a mod designed for 1.3.x.x

There have been a boat-load of changes to the core of Zen since 1.2.7. This is probably caused as some declarations have moved from one file to another.

As I see it, you can either back the mod out and continue on, back the mod out and load 1.3.0.2 to a new directory for cart upgrade, or take the cart to 1.3.0.2 where it is.

I would suggest that you get the old cart running correctly, create a new directory and database for 1.3.0.2, set it up to your liking, and transfer the new to online.
    Did you read the posting tips?!?