Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to have 2 Category boxes?

In the stock tpl_categories.php, this is the value that is used to test whether a category belongs in the categories sidebox:
    PHP Code:
         if (zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == ... 
    I don't know if the Click-Show-Hide menu uses the $box_categories_array variable, but whatever holds the cPath value for the current category can be used in the test to feed zen_get_product_types_to_category().

Plugin Contributions

+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    // $Id: tpl_categories_css.php 2004/06/23 00:00:00 DrByteZen Exp $
    //
    $content = '';

// Load containing UL and content
    $content .= '<ul class="bullet-menu" id="siteMenu">';
    // get the menu tree (see the modules/sideboxes/YOURTEMPLATE/categories_css.php), strip off containing UL
    $content .= preg_replace('%^\s*<ul>(.+)</ul>\s*$%sim', '\1', $menulist);

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true') {
    //$content .= '<hr />'; // insert a blank line/box in the menu
    if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true') {
    $content .= ' <li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a></li>'."\n";
    }
    if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true') {
    $content .= ' <li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW . '</a></li>'."\n";
    }
    if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true') {
    $show_this = $db->Execute("select products_id from " . TABLE_FEATURED . " where status= 1 limit 1");
    if ($show_this->RecordCount() > 0) {
    $content .= ' <li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a></li>'."\n";
    }
    }
    if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    $content .= ' <li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL . '</a></li>'."\n";
    }

$content .= "</ul>\n";

// Load JS file if this sidebox is enabled
    $content .= '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/categories_css.js"></script>'."\n";

// Preload menu images when page loads (won't affect IE, which never caches CSS images)
    $m = $template->get_template_dir('.gif', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images/menu').'/';
    $content .= '<script type="text/javascript">addDOMEvent(window,"load",function() {preloadImages("'.$m.'branch.gif","'.$m.'leaf-end-on.gif","'.$m.'leaf-end.gif","'.$m.'leaf-on.gif","'.$m.'leaf.gif","'.$m.'node-end-on.gif","'.$m.'node-end.gif","'.$m.'node-on.gif","'.$m.'node-open-end-on.gif","'.$m.'node-open-end.gif","'.$m.'node-open-on.gif","'.$m.'node-open.gif","'.$m.'node.gif")}, false);</script>'."\n";
    ?>
    This is the whole page for categories_css.php, the code you show does not appear...thus my previous statment of no option for it.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Is it possible to have 2 Category boxes?

I have a similar question concerning 2 Catagory boxes. I would like one to be for specific catagories like Toner, Ink, Ribbons, etc. This catagory would take the customer to a sub-catagory which has the brand name of the product, ie Apple, Brother, HP. The second catagory box would be for specific brand like Apple, HP, Brother. I thought about using the Manufacturers Sidebox but don't want it scroll but list all them.

Which is the easiest and most effective way to handle this problem. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Plugin Contributions

tpl_categories_css.php does not do the assembly of the categories output; that is handled by categories_css.php, which is thus the file to look at for the box choice.

Plugin Contributions

The two category box look can be handled in a couple of different ways by Categories Dressing. See its support thread for a recent discussion of such a case.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    tpl_categories_css.php does not do the assembly of the categories output; that is handled by categories_css.php, which is thus the file to look at for the box choice.
    You think i'd catch on, but alas, every time I try to come back to this nothing works.

I would just use a regular category box, but the JS version is just so much nicer as I have lots of subcategories.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567