Plugin Contributions

Default I have a BIG problem

I have a problem. I first set up my online store with a company called WAHMshoppes. I have nevert had any experience with web sites before and was finding it very difficult.

I got talking to a guy who lives in the states about one or two problems I had at that time and he convinced me to let him set a site up for me. He promised that the support system would be second to none and that any problems I had with my new site would be sorted out. I talked to him about what I wanted the new site to have, a forum, a gallery etc. At that time I didnt know he was going to use the zen cart program which I could have downloaded myself. As I had very litle knowledge about this sort of thing I gave him the go ahead.

My problem is this, I have a website that has been running for about 2 1/2 months now and my orders are starting to come in but the guy who set it up for me and is hosting it for me has almost dissapeared from the face of the earth. I cant contact him as he doesnt reply to my e-mails and i have no other way of contacting him. The things I originally said i wanted for my site he said can be done but havent been done and there are still things about my site that are not right.

What I want to know is can i switch to someone else who will help me with this, I have no access to the back end of my site only the admin part. What I need is for someone to help me put these things right and to add the other things I want to my site.

I have thought about returning to my original host as with this site I would automatically have a guest book, gallery etc but I do find the Zen cart program much easier to use and I already have the site up and running now so it would mean a lot of work to swap it all over.

I feel like I am in limbo with all of this and I am not sure where to go next, any help or suggestions about this would really be helpful

Please Help me!!

chelsea

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I have a BIG problem

Sorry, but it sounds like you got bit by the 'wannabee developer' bug. Most, if not all, of the Certified Zen Cart Hosts (link at top of this page) will transition your website from where it currently is to one of their hosting packages - and at least you have the surity that they know what they're talking about.

Vger