Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Candied Apple Red Template

I'm having a little problem getting rid of the red in the center box of this templete. All else seems well it's just the red space around the products in the middle box? I would like to make it all white so the products blend better. Anyone? Thank you.

http://triandrunsports.com/store/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Candied Apple Red Template

The short answer is that you can remove it by deleting the line highlighted in red below.
    .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer, .centerBoxWrapper {
    margin: 0.7em 0em 0.7em -0.1em;
    background-color: #cc0000;
    background-image: url(../images/titlebg.gif);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    border: 1px solid #cc0000;
    border-bottom: 5px solid #990000;
    }
    However, I fear that this will just be the start of your problems as this line and the two below it appear to be used to set the background to the box headings. So you will also need to move them to styling that refers specifically to the center box headings, possibly with additional knock-on effects due to the profusion of background color settings.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

kuroi, for this template, .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer, and .centerBoxWrapper have been separated:)

That background color is coming from .centerBoxWrapper

.centerBoxWrapper {
    BORDER-RIGHT: #cc0000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cc0000 1px solid; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(../images/titlebg.gif); MARGIN: 0.7em 0em 0.7em -0.1em; BORDER-LEFT: #cc0000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #990000 5px solid; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cc0000
    }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by polarduality
    kuroi, for this template, .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer, and .centerBoxWrapper have been separated:)

That background color is coming from .centerBoxWrapper
    That may have been the intention, but the CSS I posted was cut and pasted directly from the bzzrd2's stylesheet and double-checked against a copy of the template available in the downloads section to see if this was something he had done or was part of the original template. It was the latter.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I checked that store, it seems like one of the template override folders is not in place... includes/modules/candied_apple , omitting that folder will do what it's doing. That's why the product box in the center column is all funky like that.

Plugin Contributions

That makes a lot of sense. I had wondered why the centerbox alignment was so out of whack when I know how much effort you put into getting that right.

Plugin Contributions

I'm used to seeing it that way when I work on new templates, I'm too lazy to insert a new module folder until near completion. One day, I'll go back and see why that Classic XHTML base requires those modules. I'll try to omit and work around them when I contribute more templates. I have troubles letting go and hacking the base that I have, it's so good... asides from the necessary add on modules.

Plugin Contributions

So if I'm reading this right I just have to move candied_apple folder into includes/modules/candied_apple. Gave it a try and no change. Maybe I'm just not getting this template overide stuff???

Plugin Contributions

I saved her index page to my desktop which also downloaded her stylesheet.
    By making the change above I mentioned above I was able to change that red background color.

includes/templates/candied_apple/css/stylesheet.css

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bzzrd2
    So if I'm reading this right I just have to move candied_apple folder into includes/modules/candied_apple. Gave it a try and no change. Maybe I'm just not getting this template overide stuff???
    Inside the packing folder, there are two immediate folders. There are candied_apple folders in each.

1) Inside the template folder is the actual candied_apple folder that contains the actual template. No problem there, you got in the right place.

2) The other folder modules is missing in action. Inside that folder lies another folder named candied_apple, but that folder drops into triandrunsports.com/store/includes/modules folder.

It's kinda confusing. The way the template was packed, it was to simulate the proper drop in directories. I'm thinking that the missing modules folder might be in your template directory. There are four PHP files in that folder, so once you locate the proper one(the missing modules folder)... drop that candied_apple folder inside to the includes/modules folder. To recap, there are two candied_apple folders. One is the actual template system and the other is modified override files.

I hope this helps you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast