Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Test Drive Free Templates

There seems to be a very welcome upturn in the number and originality of templates emerging at the moment. However choosing between them can be difficult. Even finding out what they look like takes a fair bit of effort. So here's a tool to make it much, much easier ...

zencarttemplates.info lets you test drive all the 1.3 templates currently available in the downloads area. You can switch to any template from any page, without losing your place in the store, making it easy to compare how well each deals with different parts of a representative store (played by the Zen Cart demo database).

If you find a template that you'd like to download, there is a link at the top of the page to bring you back to the appropriate page in the downloads area.
    See and test drive Zen Cart's free templates at zencarttemplates.info

Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Test Drive Free Templates

I was thinking to do something similar.... but too much work with my "stuff".

Thanks!!! I know the community will appreciate this.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

That was very nice of you to do Kuroi !
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

That is uber cool!! That's awesome of you to do that. This should help people get into the swing of things with the override system, by making it easier to view templates and finding one that suits them.

Plugin Contributions

I certainly hope so Sketchy. And take some credit yourself - Candied Apple/Blueberry together with Sophy Blue, Simple Zen and the Gloss templates meant that the number available leapt suddenly as did the originality index inspiring me to put this together to make that more visible.

The site's far from finished. I intend (for example) to add a further info such as links to support threads and wikis where they exist.

And overall, I hope that this will encourage more designers to start pushing the boundaries a bit and contributing more (quantity) and more (creativity) templates knowing that they will have more visibility than was previously the case.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, I hope the users are pleased with the creations.

Well, your site looks good so far. That's a wonderful idea of the links, kind of like a showcase and directory guide. That sure will make things easier for people new to Zen.

You're right... I'd love to contribute more as I build more.

Plugin Contributions

I am new to all this and this is my first posting.

Many thanks for making available the different templates that are available and I have found one that I like....future zen.

I have arranged for a hosting company and they have the ability to install ZenCart on the server for me with Fantastico.

Question; Can they install the future zen template for me and are there any security, compatability problems with having this template either now or when updates are availble for the original zencart template.

As you can see I am a newbie but trying to learn fast

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKop
    Question; Can they install the future zen template for me and are there any security, compatability problems with having this template either now or when updates are availble for the original zencart template.
    There are absolutely no security issues with future Zen as it consists mostly of a stylesheet and a small collection of images. The only php is a set of standard define statements that all templates have.

Furthermore this was the first template to be made available specifically to take full advantage of the Zen Cart 1.3 templating system, so there are no compatibility issues either. Any future changes that rendered this template invalid, would most likely have the same effect on all the templates currently available.

Your host certainly could install it for you (if they were willing), but it is very straightforward to do and I would actually recommend that you do it yourself as you will learn a little about Zen Cart's file structures. There is always plenty of support should you get stuck or run into any problems.

Plugin Contributions

Silver,

remember also that if your host uses fantastico to install zen cart for you that they, or you , will need to go and add the security updates for 1.3.x

Plugin Contributions

if your host uses fantastico to install zen cart for you
    Fantastico install does not normally include sample shopping cart, which
    gives demos of how to install different attributes etc..big minus point
    over installing manually using zencart official download from
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=83781
    HTH
    Dezina ZenCart Templates
    Please do not PM for support queries..Post in forums..help others

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast