Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I'm considering adding a zone column for a client that needs a per state breakdown. Any thoughts on this?
    I was just going to ask for that myself. We're over the threshold on sales tax collection now in multiple states, and it's getting to be a pain to handle that manually.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be working correctly with 1.5.7d. With earlier Zencart versions, the report lists each instance separately when more than one product attribute is chosen. In other words, we have various sizes of some products, which are called out in attributes. With our current 1.5.5 version, each one of those is listed properly when the report is run for product totals. In the 1.5.7d version that I'm getting ready to put online, only the first instance of each product number is called out. The totals are correct, but it's not possible to see, for example, how many we sold of one size versus another. This is a major problem for us, since we use this report to enter data in our accounting software, and to manage our inventory levels there.

Plugin Contributions

Is anyone currently maintaining this report? We would really like to continue using it, but it no longer handles products with attributes correctly. It sums up all the order amounts for a given product on a single line, rather than listing the total of each attribute separately. That makes it useless for us, and I'll have to figure out some other way to create a similar report if it can't be fixed.

I do see that someone fixed the problem with the sales tax not being included in the total. That was only a minor irritation, though I'm glad it has been corrected. Not being able to see individual attribute sales definitely is a major problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    Is anyone currently maintaining this report? We would really like to continue using it, but it no longer handles products with attributes correctly. It sums up all the order amounts for a given product on a single line, rather than listing the total of each attribute separately. That makes it useless for us, and I'll have to figure out some other way to create a similar report if it can't be fixed.

I do see that someone fixed the problem with the sales tax not being included in the total. That was only a minor irritation, though I'm glad it has been corrected. Not being able to see individual attribute sales definitely is a major problem.
    Yes, I am. It's just that I'm in the middle of a couple of fairly complicated upgrades ... and paid customers come first.

Plugin Contributions

Helene, what version of the report gave the correct results? That would definitely help me narrow in on the source of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I've just submitted v3.5.0 of the "Sales Report", which now includes the shipping country/state in the CSV output (thanks, @swguy).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v3.5.0 of the "Sales Report", which now includes the shipping country/state in the CSV output (thanks, @swguy).
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Helene, what version of the report gave the correct results? That would definitely help me narrow in on the source of the issue.
    Very sorry, Cindy, I got pulled off into other things and never saw your question. It was version 3.1, the original version, I believe.

Also, I just noticed that each execution of the report is opening a new instance of it. For someone who refers to it repeatedly every day, that is a REAL nuisance, lol.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 17 Jul 2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.5.1 of Sales Report for the Zen Cart moderators' review; I'll post back here when it's available for download at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#31: Attributed products' sales are incorrectly aggregated.
    #32: Duplicate constant TABLE_HEADING_MODEL with different contents

Early adopters can download directly from GitHub: https://github.com/lat9/sales_report...ses/tag/v3.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Very sorry, Cindy, I got pulled off into other things and never saw your question. It was version 3.1, the original version, I believe.

Also, I just noticed that each execution of the report is opening a new instance of it. For someone who refers to it repeatedly every day, that is a REAL nuisance, lol.
    Corrected in v3.5.1, see above. For the new-window opening, just untick that "Open in a new window" checkbox just above the "Show me the money" button. Your selection will be remembered for the current admin session.

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast