Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Sales report 2.0

Well it's been a long time in the making, but hopefully the wait was worth it! Sales Report 2.0 is here, so go get it!

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=83

You can drop the files right into the admin and right over top of the existing files. Still no overwrites.

Take it for a spin, and let me know what you think, and if you find any problems. I've been using it for the past few months as I built and tweaked it, so there should be no major issues.

Enjoy, and thanks for your patience.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Hi Frank-

Easy install as you stated.

Regarding setting defaults for timeframe reports, is there a method available to disable displaying a period when no orders are processed? That is, rather than displaying "-- NO ORDERS IN TIMEFRAME --", instead just display the periods where an order was processed? Hopefully not many shopkeepers will have days like that, but would be useful feature for some mom & pops (especially for weekends or vacations).

Of course if reports are to be used as any kind of an "audit" instrument then showing zero order days is indeed a good idea.

Thanks,
    Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 30 Aug 2006 at 01:05 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Regarding setting defaults for timeframe reports, is there a method available to disable displaying a period when no orders are processed? That is, rather than displaying "-- NO ORDERS IN TIMEFRAME --", instead just display the periods where an order was processed? Hopefully not many shopkeepers will have days like that, but would be useful feature for some mom & pops (especially for weekends or vacations).
    I had actually thought about adding that option already. Look for it in a future release.
    Of course if reports are to be used as any kind of an "audit" instrument then showing zero order days is indeed a good idea.
    Precisely.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

I installed it too, thanks for the update!

I find it a little busy though, with all of the dark grey headings with the white text. I'd prefer one heading at the top, and then maybe odd-even colored rows to help differentiate lines.

I'd also love the option to remove some fields. Gift certs for example.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue
    I find it a little busy though, with all of the dark grey headings with the white text. I'd prefer one heading at the top, and then maybe odd-even colored rows to help differentiate lines.
    The color scheme is design to match the rest of the admin. If you don't like it, you're welcome to change it on your install, just as you would the Admin nav bar. The style defines begin on Line 241.

The number of headings all depends on how your arrange your timeframes. If you choose a 30-day range, but daily timeframes, you'll get that timeframe heading above each day. Instead, choose monthly timeframes and you'll get all those orders neatly organized under one heading. The reason for this flexibility goes back to report's intent: it's for an accountant. These types of breakdowns are necessary for proper double bookeeping. If you're not seeing what you want, it's not the report's fault.

I'd also love the option to remove some fields. Gift certs for example.
    Take a look at the language define file. You'll find two defines which will enable/disable One-time Fees and the Manufacturer. Beyond that, I again point you to the report's intended audience. If you're big enough to have a bookeeper, you are likely using coupons at least as a loss-leader invitation.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Frank, nice work. I did turn up a "division by zero" error though. I'll let you know the exact details soon - it may have something to do with my occasional $0.00 product "sales".

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Hi Frank-

Easy install as you stated.

Thanks,
    Woody
    in /admin/includes/languages/english, edit stats_sales_report.php and set (line 67) define('DISPLAY_EMPTY_TIMEFRAMES', true)

Plugin Contributions

i have a quantity discount module running and i just noticed that on a report it doesn't show this discount at all? is there a way i can do this? it only shows the group discounts and becasue of this the reports are wrong

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmic View Post
    1. I'd like to remove the following columns from the screen display and maybe the csv output.

Base Price, Tax, Total, Product Total

I just need Product ID, Product Name Model No. and Quantity to show for output to my suppliers for sales.
    I know I can delete columns when it gets to Excel, but I'l trying to see if I can streamline it and get it right on the first pass.
    Simple, just find those outputted columns in the report and comment them out. The regular and print displays will be in admin/stats_sales_report.php, and the CSV is located within the class, admin/includes/classes/sales_report.php. Don't forget to comment out the header column as well.

2. Is there a way to modify the output from csv to text.
    I have various product names that have commas in them.
    When I open the csv file in Excel, the items with the extra commas get pushed over to the next Excel column with each comma in the name.
    This probably won't happen in a text output.
    By it's very nature, you can't have commas in a field in CSV files. SO you can either (1) remove all the commas through the admin, or (2) dynamically remove commas from product names when running a CSV. I'll assume you voted for the latter. Open the class file (see above) and find this line:
    Code:
    echo $p_data['name'] . CSV_SEPARATOR;
    Change it to read as follows (new code in bold):
    Code:
    echo str_replace(',', '', $p_data['name']) . CSV_SEPARATOR;
    Repeat for any other fields where you use commas.
    3. Is there a way to look up multiple manufacturers at once if I modify the URL? I tried it a couple times, but it only found the first one.
    Is it only set up to do 1 manufacturer or all?
    The manufacturer filter was added specifically for users who generate per manufacturer reports to deliver to their contracted suppliers. In that case you only ever need to see one. I suppose I could add the ability to do one or more, but that's more logic that I just don't have time for right now...

Best best is to not use the filter, and instead sort by manufacturer in the product line item display.[/quote]
    thank you for your time.....
    Your welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
    i have a quantity discount module running and i just noticed that on a report it doesn't show this discount at all? is there a way i can do this? it only shows the group discounts and becasue of this the reports are wrong
    The report calculates based on actual quantities sold and purchase price, so any per product discounts should automagically be calculated in.

Try this. Run the report for a timeframe that includes several orders for your qty-discounted product, and use per product line items. Take a look at the Base Price, Qty., and {B]Product Total[/B] fields. The math probably doesn't match up, which I think prompted your post.

But what you don't realize is that the Product Total field actually contains the correct value. Base Price is gathered the first time a given product_id is hit upon. It obviously could be different, but I can't display every base value for the the product on a single line. So it's a bit of an assumption, but it's usually correct, and when it's not the Product Total is always correct. Check the math if you're still unsure.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

no it's all off it calculates the group discount but not the quantity discount. and when i tallied up the product totals it was way off.

for yesterdays single order the main total was right if you took off the quantity discount, as for the individual product totals they were to high the totals were bang on.

invoice total was 1,725, the sales report total was 2035.82 (if you took off the quantity discount of 310.59 it would be aok) and if you calculate the product totals you get 2443.58.

anysugestions?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast