Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Oh, and since you have nothing else to do... LOL

Is it also true that I should have some way of reporting/sorting by state? That would simplify this tax search, and it seems quite a few people mentioned sorting by state... am I on the right mod? I did read every thread in the forum last night and might be a bit lost -

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Or that we did not sell to anyone in CA that week - I hope that is the problem, certainly possible. Will track it down and pay the tax folks.
    If you only collect CA taxes, then I'd say that's definitely the scenario.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid you're probably thinking of another report. This sorts by manufacturer, but not by state.

I suppose it could, but that would definitely get ugly. What if billing and shipping are different states, for example...
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlindSide View Post
    @ docfx & wapnoj:
    I went through the code and couldn't find anything that would cause the tax discrepancy you are seeing. However, I did realize that the Sales Report uses zen_calculate_tax() to process the tax values per product, and remembered that the most recent version of Zen Cart had bug fixes to rounding errors with taxes. So, what version are running? If it's not v1.3.6, at least download it and pull the latest version of zen_calculate_tax() into your installation. You'll need to edit includes/function/functions_taxes.php.
    I'm running v1.3.5, but grabbed the latest 1.3.6, compared the two php scripts. I see nothing different betwixt the two, but my eyesight aint whut is once was. Nonetheless, I swapped the v1.3.6 code for the 1.3.5 code and no change. Sample order of 4 items @ $19.95 ea w/ MI 6% tax on $79.80 should be $4.79 (which is does show in the actual order). But the same item in Sales Report is showing as $5.00.
    the Imagination Factory & DaVinci Wood Models
    www.what-if.com & www.davincistore.com
    Apache2.x (FreeBSD/Linux) PHP 5.x mySQL 5.x

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I'll keep looking. Meantime I should remind everyone that this is all volunteer effort, so you should always be looking to solve your own problems. Please don't take that the wrong way (especially you, docfx), I just get some requests for immediate support on issues in a very precise scenario that I could never recreate.

In short, I'm happy to help, but it's still your store, and you're not paying me.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlindSide View Post
    Okay, I'll keep looking. Meantime I should remind everyone that this is all volunteer effort, so you should always be looking to solve your own problems. Please don't take that the wrong way (especially you, docfx), I just get some requests for immediate support on issues in a very precise scenario that I could never recreate.

In short, I'm happy to help, but it's still your store, and you're not paying me.
    Blindside:
    no offense taken... many lose sight that this is all volunteer and to the benefit to all to werk together to make zen even better. That said... I went back into the suspect code in /admin/includes/classes/sales_report.php and stomped around your code a bit more... and got it to calculate tax correctly by changing the following in the "// build product line items (if requested)" section :

changed this:
    $product_tax = (zen_calculate_tax($onetime_charges, $tax)) +
    (zen_calculate_tax(($final_price * $quantity), $tax));

to this:
    $product_tax = (zen_calculate_tax(($final_price * $quantity), $tax));

to my knowledge, I have NO one-time charges applicable here. I DO have a one-time charge attached to an attribute OF this item - BUT have not ordered the item WITH that attribute (ie T-shirt in XXXL is +$1.00, but I've only ordered the XL so the additional $1 is or shouldn't be in play).

However, if you follow the logic of this sample order... 4 items @19.95 = 79.80 => 6% tax = 4.78. If, I add the 4 unused one-time charges of $1 each (for the XXXL shirt that I'm NOT ordering I get another $0.23 in tax (or much closer to reported $5.00 tax.

The test item IS set to be priced by attribute, w/ a base price $19.95. Only the attribute of XXXL add a buck.

Hence, when I remove the code, the report shows tax correctly. This is not a fix, but is, perhaps, a symptom to look at.

Plugin Contributions

Definitely a place to start! Thanks and good work!
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by docfx View Post
    changed this:
    $product_tax = (zen_calculate_tax($onetime_charges, $tax)) +
    (zen_calculate_tax(($final_price * $quantity), $tax));

to this:
    $product_tax = (zen_calculate_tax(($final_price * $quantity), $tax));
    Sorry, this is a blind alley... didn't fix the symptom after all. Problem still exists in PROD section of report, but not in the TIMELINE or ORDER sections of report. Turned on the "DISPLAY ONE-TIME FEES" category in the report and it shows 0 in fees.

<sigh>back to the drawing board</sigh>

Plugin Contributions

BlindSide,

Just an FYI - I needed a quick tax report by region, so I started with your Order Line Items report and modified it to print tax region line items. Each line item is a sum of all taxable sales in a region over that timeframe.

The result is a report that lets you see your total sales and taxes for each region where you have to remit taxes. I'd be happy to share the code if anyone else would find this useful.

Scott

Plugin Contributions

Sure! PM me with the details, I'll give you an e-mail address where you can send files (if necessary).
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast