Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    Solved it now, unistalled the new version 2.0 and re-installed v1.4.1 !
    Why? Sales report 2.0 works just fine with Zen Cart 1.3.5

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola
    Why? Sales report 2.0 works just fine with Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Obviously not for me, or do you think i am making this stuff up?

Plugin Contributions

Well I can't make it work following the steps above in either Firefox or Internet Explorer, would somebody kindly state the steps to follow to show the monthly (daily) totals between two dates, thanks.
    PaulS... I see you're in the UK. IF you enter 04/08/2006 thru 04/09/2006 in US format is April 8th through April 9th. If you want to do August 4th thru September 4th, you need to enter 08/04/2006 thru 09/04/2006.

As a helpful hint, near the text "Custom Date Range", Blindside could put a mm/dd/yyyy so people know what format to use.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Jade, that would make sense, and I did ask the question earlier if was a date thing, I shall try installing it again tomorrow and modifying the format of the date that will probably do the trick.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to run this to be able to sort by manufacturer AND show the discounts on the orders? For example, customer bought 1 x, 1 y and 1 z, all from different manufacturers, and used a $5 off coupon... Is there a way to see this on the report?

Plugin Contributions

Hey, just found this out and installed it in a few minutes and it is AWESOME.

Thanks for releasing it, exactly what I was looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Ok just re-installed the mod, and I can now make it work as expected. The date format is the issue, because I was selecting the date format from the calendar, ie clicking the day of the month etc, it was inserting the date in the american format, the format is perfectly legitimate in the UK too, but it means different dates 04/08 is the 4th of August in the uk, but 8th of April in the US ... hence the problem.

The bias towards the American date is fine, but perhaps there should be something in place to warn, or suggest non-us dates should be entered manually, else it won't work. It will work if you are doing monthly reports but not if you are producing sales reports between two specific dates.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Ok just re-installed the mod, and I can now make it work as expected. The date format is the issue, because I was selecting the date format from the calendar, ie clicking the day of the month etc, it was inserting the date in the american format, the format is perfectly legitimate in the UK too, but it means different dates 04/08 is the 4th of August in the uk, but 8th of April in the US ... hence the problem.

The bias towards the American date is fine, but perhaps there should be something in place to warn, or suggest non-us dates should be entered manually, else it won't work. It will work if you are doing monthly reports but not if you are producing sales reports between two specific dates.

Thanks.
    If you people would just conform!!! Actually I vote on the world changing to:

07-Sep-2006 dates.. that would remove all doubt

Plugin Contributions

I simply make the following selections

Stage 1 [Gather and filter data] - Select custom date, 04/08/2006 and end date inclusisve 04/09/2006 - then choose date of order purchase and leave others as 'doesn't matter'

Stage 2 - Leave time frame daily selected, and Choouse time frame totals as teh option (oldest on top)

Steage 3 [Generate report] I leave everything as is and click 'show me the money' button

The result is one item, ie one order ... we had over 60 orders in that period!

Something isn't quite as it should be, unless I made a wrong selection above ?

Could it be a date format problem?
    Though your problem was technical, your description leads to another possible issue (and thus this is not directed at you): the overload of options and displays available in this report. Make sure you (i.e. everyone) read the readme file, search options, and output results carefully. In this case, you chose just timeframe totals. That will only display the total, no breakout by line item. The order total count is the second item on that line, under the title "Num Orders." You would need to choose "+ Order Line Items" or "+ Product Line Items" to see all the orders listed in that timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    The Custom Calendar thing doesn't work on Opera. Tho that might be opera's problem... I think that problem has existed for years in the core code "Specials" data selector as well.

Would be nice if it assumed today's date as the ending date if you fill in only the starting date.
    Yes, an Opera problem. I use the same "spiffycal" code that comes with Zen source.

I hear you on the end date. I'll see what can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by digidiva-kathy
    Is there a way to run this to be able to sort by manufacturer AND show the discounts on the orders? For example, customer bought 1 x, 1 y and 1 z, all from different manufacturers, and used a $5 off coupon... Is there a way to see this on the report?
    Sure, set DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER in the language file to true. Then, in the report, set up your search and choose "+ Order Line Items." That will show all the orders within your given parameters with manufacturer; the discounts are listed under "Discounts" and "Gift Cert. Used."
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

The date will automatically fill in properly if you use the JavaScript calendar option, but I see what you mean. I may add the usual "mm/dd/yyyy" text near the inputs.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast