Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by digidiva-kathy
    Actually, you'd be amazed at how many stores are doing EXACTLY what I am doing and how much this would be used. However, if this does need to be a sponsored mod, I have no issue with that. As a sponsored mod, though, could it be shared with others who do what I do?
    Yep, I need this too!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    Thanks for a great contrib Frank ...
    Actually using the JavaScript menu does not work, I did try this method several times, the only way I can make it work between two dates (UK date format in my admin and store remember) is to MANUALLY enter the dates in the american date format.
    The problem is that the date conversion is hard-coded, broken apart and stored in variables in the class file according to American date format. You can see it for yourself beginning on line 53 in the class. I can see that some modularization here is in order. Will add it to the to-do list.

For those of you who can't use the spiffycal, sorry. The code works great for me and the employees in my company, which is who I designed it for (posting code is my way of giving back). It also works fine in IE and Firefox (I have no Opera users in my office). I went with spiffycal as opposed to separate dropdowns because, well, when you run that report on a daily basis, those dropdowns get super-tedious. It all goes back to who this report is designed for: true-blue accountants and book keepers.

If you like the new version great. If it doesn't meet your needs, or offers more options than you need, you're welcome to continue to use the old version, or nothing at all. It really doesn't bother me either way. Really.
    Last edited by BlindSide; 22 Sep 2006 at 10:14 PM.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone no how I can change the output so that +Product Line Items & +Order Line Items are combined. So that I can download all the data in one spreadsheet.

The fields important to me are:

Order ID
    Customer Name
    Number of Products ordered
    Product Names ordered
    Model Nos.

I don't know php but it doesn't seem like it would take much programming. I really need this feature and am willing to pay someone to help me with this.

Brad

Plugin Contributions

There's no logical way to create the report that you are asking for. If each line represents an order, how can you display the products attached to that order? Each order can have a different number of products. Those product lists create an impossible layout issue...
    • The product column will not be the same for each line
    • The column for a large order will stretch the report to a ridiculous degree.
    • How do you correlate a model number to each product if they are all on the same line?

I have a current freelance job in which we initially discussed this same thing. Would you believe I actually argued against going that route? Believe me, I went around this issue a zillion times trying to combine the information. That's exactly why there are two different formats: to display itemized information [1] in a comfortably formatted tabular layout, and [2] with a consistent dataset on each line.
    Last edited by BlindSide; 29 Sep 2006 at 03:27 AM.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

I think I understand what you are saying. But all I really need is 2 extra columns on the +Product Line items output display, 1 for customers name and 1 for the order no. is this still unrealistic.

Brad

Plugin Contributions

Also not possible, for the same reasoning as above. Each line represents all of the given product sold in that time period. If that product appears on more than 1 order, how are you going to display all the order numbers on a single line, since the number of orders will vary for each product? Customer name is exactly the same situation, since that's attached to an order number. You again are trying to place a value of inconsistent length on a single line.
    Last edited by BlindSide; 29 Sep 2006 at 06:43 PM.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Real newbie zenner here, so I apologize if this type of problem has been answer somewhere already. I have set-up our store and things are working fine (thanks Zen developers!).

I'm trying to install the Sales report 2.0 according to the read.me file and it seems to install correctly. It shows correctly in the Admin -> Reports menu, but when I click on it, I get a blank page. No error, no header, just a blank page.

This is on a test server behind a firewall, so I can't provide a link. But I'm running Zen_cart 1.3.2, Php 5.1.4, MySQL 5.0, Apache 1.2.33 and my client is running javascript. I have tried this in both IE and Firefox. Neither of these gives a javascript error either.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Make sure you uploaded all the files, and make sure said files are in the right places. If you upload the language file into /admin folder instead of /admin/includes/languages/english/, the page will parse properly but appear blank since it only creates defines.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply BlindSide! I have double checked the file locations and everything seems th be in the proper place. Just to clarify, there is a stats_sales_report.php in the /admin directory and a different stats_sales_report.php in the /admin/includes/languages/english directory, right? That's what the download did anyway.

The page still comes up blank. View source comes up with no source code. Sorry!

Keith

Plugin Contributions

Yes they are different, and having the language file where the output file should be would cause precisely the behavior you are describing.

I recommend you simply re-upload the entire contrib from the zip file. The files are all arranged into the proper folder structure, so just upload the "admin" folder into the same folder where your server's "admin" folder sits, and the files will drop into place automatically. So if your admin is in a folder on your server called "/store," you would upload the contrib "admin" folder right into "/store."
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast