Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by digidiva-kathy
    Well, here's the thing...I KNOW what we need and I know alot of people need it and since it will be released to the public after it's done, I don't really think it's fair for me to pay the entire fee, KWIM? But, I guess I can go to a select group, we can figure out exactly what we want, you can price it and then we (being the group) can sort out how to divide up the cost between us. Even if they know it will be public, I'll also tell them that I won't pay for it alone since so many of us will benefit. Does that sound like the way to go?
    Yes, but I think you have a slightly skewed view of how paying for open-source software works. Yes the code that you paid for goes back to the community, free of charge to them, and an acknowledgement is not an 100% equal tradeoff.

However, remember that you DID get the original code for free, and your modifications will be tailored to your needs. So instead of looking at it as if the community is getting a free ride on your dime, look at it instead as rewarding the person who gave it you that code in the first place and/or as a way to give back to a community that provides you with great free software (hint: the Zen Cart team accepts donations on this same premise).

For another point of view, take me, for example. I don't need to hire coders because I can do whatever I need myself. Theoretically I could charge for each contrib, and there are those that do. However my company has brought in over $30k in revenue directly because of ShopDI and Zen Cart. Since we are non-profit, those dollars go right back into the vacuum, making monetary donations tough. So I give back by offering my customizations back to the community; my boss even sanctions my volunteer support of the community.

It's food for thought, anyway.

Oh, and about that manufacturers issue I originally posted about...they are still not showing up.
    Haven't looked at that yet, but I don't have any idea where to start, as you are the first to report such an issue. Are you doing anything "fancy" with your products, product types, or manufacturers that I should be aware of? Any customizations beyodn simply creating manufacturers in the Admin and assigning them to products?
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Just to be clear, I don't have an issue with the community at large having access to the mod. However, in my own little specific industry, which happens to be digital scrapbooking, there are lots of people who would benefit from this mod. That's why I feel it fair that some of them help cover the cost because they will benefit just as much as I will from it. We all have the same issues and we all have discussed wishing we could do something about it, I just happen to be the one who made the effort to actually communicate with you, KWIM?

And I do have several mods installed, but the products do have a manufacturer assigned to them when they're added to the catalog and I can't imagine how any of the other mods could really affect that. I'd be happy to give you access via PM if you'd like to look around :) .

Plugin Contributions

Blindside - thanks for creating and sharing the sales report with allof us. We sell products with manufacturers and music downloads with record labels and I can't get the manufacturers to show up on my report either?

I would like to discuss hiring you to do some custom work that could also benefit the community, what is the best way to set that up with you?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

So, um, hate to be a bother, but any word on why my manufacturers aren't showing on my report? I have been asked to install this mod for a customer for whom I installed a cart, but hate to think she'll have the same issue I do and I won't be able to tell her what's wrong.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

BlindSide,

Thanks so much for this contribution and your hard work!

Two things I've noticed (forgive me if this is a rehash, I haven't read all of the posts):
    • DEFAULT_DATE_SEARCH_TYPE works with 'preset', but not with 'open' as suggested. 'custom' gave me what I wanted.
    • It would be nice to have an option for the CSV export to contain the grand totals that are available in the display version.

If I go ahead and add the grand totals to mine, would you like for me to email you the changes?

Thanks again! Saved me a ton of work

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0 - report not listed

I have installed the Sales Report as the readme file states. Great tool, and thanks for contributing this.

After following the steps for installation, and still do not see the Sales Report in the pulldown for Reports in the Admin session for Zencart. I am using Zencart 1.3.0.2.

Have I missed somthing?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by digidiva-kathy View Post
    So, um, hate to be a bother, but any word on why my manufacturers aren't showing on my report? I have been asked to install this mod for a customer for whom I installed a cart, but hate to think she'll have the same issue I do and I won't be able to tell her what's wrong.
    Sorry for the delay, Kathy. I've looked and I honestly don't know what could be causing this. Can you attach to a post [1] a screenshot of the page where the manufacturers dont display, and [2] the source of the page as a text document.
    Quote Originally Posted by fprimex View Post
    BlindSide,

Thanks so much for this contribution and your hard work!

Two things I've noticed (forgive me if this is a rehash, I haven't read all of the posts):
    • DEFAULT_DATE_SEARCH_TYPE works with 'preset', but not with 'open' as suggested. 'custom' gave me what I wanted.
    • It would be nice to have an option for the CSV export to contain the grand totals that are available in the display version.

If I go ahead and add the grand totals to mine, would you like for me to email you the changes?

Thanks again! Saved me a ton of work
    Good catch on the settings in the defines, fprimex. I don't know how that one squeaked by, but it's corrected for the next version. You are correct, custom is actually the second option for DEFAULT_DATE_SEARCH_TYPE, not open.

Totals are left out of the CSV because the file is intended for use where the information is going to be imported into another system. There you need the data to be sequantial and repeating in order to properly read the CSV.

However, having the totals could obviosuly be useful if you just want a spreadsheet. If you make the changes, send them my way and I'll see about adding them in as an optional setting.

Glad you like it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonRichardsonNH View Post
    I have installed the Sales Report as the readme file states. Great tool, and thanks for contributing this.

After following the steps for installation, and still do not see the Sales Report in the pulldown for Reports in the Admin session for Zencart. I am using Zencart 1.3.0.2.

Have I missed somthing?
    I'm afraid you must have. The files are set up in folders so that all you need to do is drop them right into your site. Simply FTP to your server, then drop the entire /admin folder into the same directory where your store's /admin folder exists. If you browse back you'll find another post I made that explains what happens in more detail.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

im having the same issue with manufactures not showing up after they are enabled in the lang file.

iv included both a copy of the source after i ran the report, showing there is no manufactures listed. *note: those that say --none-- are ones that i know dont have a manufacture listed for them, the rest that are blank should have the corrisponding manu.

im unable to put the code here, as it tells me that its too long. any way around that?

also the damn image is soo small i dont know if you can tell what it says.. if you need better image, let me know, ill upload one to my server and link ya to it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Super Orders2
    Info at a glance
    export email address
    encrypted master pass
    quick updates
    recover carts
    order Tracking
    Tabbed products lite - admin edition
    Hosted with sashbox.net <- best host around...

Plugin Contributions

Aha! T'was a bug in the system. Fortunately it's just a stupid variable misspelling. Open admin/includes/classes/sales_report.php and find this line...
    Code:
                $this->timeframe[$id]['products'][$pID]['manufacturer'] = $gen_manu_id->fields['manufacturers_name'];
    That $gen_manu_id is misspelled. Change it to $get_manu_id, so the line now reads as...
    Code:
                $this->timeframe[$id]['products'][$pID]['manufacturer'] = $get_manu_id->fields['manufacturers_name'];
    I'll be putting out a version update very shortly to address this. I know, I don't know how I typed an "n" instead of a "t" either.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Ok, new version is posted in the downloads section. Here's a direct link:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=83

I also want to point out that this version includes a much-requested feature: filtering by manufacturer. Select a manufacturer from the dropdown and the report will only calculate product values from that manufacturer. In other words, now you can do those "manufacturer sales reports" you've all been clamoring for.

This was originally going to be a freelance job, but the buyer backed out, so I decided just to do it anyway. So if you're one of the many who wanted this feature, I'd like to remind you that donations are always welcome and info can be found at the bottom of the README.

As always, let me know if you find any bugs.

Enjoy.
    Frank Koehl

frankkoehl.com

Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast