Plugin Contributions

Default Session Var's outside store

I have my store in a directory www.mywebsite.com/rockstore
    but my main website www.mywebsite.com/index.php i would like check to see if the person is logged into zencart.

i noticed the login/logout and my account uses this line of code

<? if (isset($_SESSION['customer_id'])) { ?>

but when i put that line of code into my main index.php it doesn't see that there is any existing session var's

i did print_r($_session); and there is no session var's when i do print_r from my main index.php but when i put print_r into my /rockstore/index.php it has this whole list of session vars.

can anyone point me in the right direction of what files i need to "include" and what not so that my main index.php i can check to see if the person is logged into zen cart.

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Var's outside store

You'll have to include includes/application_top.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

alright i put that in my main index.php and it says

Not Found
    The requested URL /~paradigm/zc_install/index.php was not found on this server.

sorry.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

true enough ... Zen Cart is designed to be run directly, not remotely. Thus all its paths are relative, and not absolute.
    That error indicates it cannot find the configure.php files where it was looking.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

so then is there "any" way i can do what i mentioned above?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If the files you're trying to run it from can be run from within the Zen Cart folder, it may be simpler, since Zen Cart is built around using relative paths, not absolute paths, to access its files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Or you could just hack apart all the sessions functionality from within Zen Cart to duplicate it outside the cart... which can be an ugly process if you're not well-versed in PHP session coding.