Plugin Contributions

Default Changing the word "Model:" to "Item #:"

Is it possible to replace the word "Model:" (located under a listing just above the phrase "Units in Stock") to read "Item #:" instead yet have the database recognize this as the Model # as referenced in my upload database file? Will that change mess up any scripts? If it can be done, I am guessing I would edit it by finding all instances such as /home/rummagef/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/products_new.php

Line #29 : define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL','Model: ');

CHANGE to Line #29 : define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL','Item #: ');

I see that line is used in several areas but if I make that change in all of them, will the scripts still work?

Thanks in advace for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing the word "Model:" to "Item #:"

All you'd be doing is redefining the name, yet the function remains. Just remember to do it all in overrides in order to test it out (the proper way anyways). If everything is alright, then you're set.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing the word "Model:" to "Item #:"

OK I know this is an old tread, but my "changes" from back when I first got ZenCart have bitten me in the ######## with my recent update! All of the changes I made in various files to customize my store are gone now. I did figure that would be the case when I clicked update but now I want to do things right this time around.
    I found the link on making seperate template folders and making changes there so future updates don't destroy my work. I have made the changes from "Model" to "Item #" in most of the files I think include the code for the main page display. The change works when a customer clicks on the item, but in the main category listing, the word "Model" still appears next to "Weight" and "Qty" and for the life of me I can't find the other file or files to alter. I have used the utility to find the various files where the word Model is listed but there has to be another main one I am missing.
    Can anyone who has made the same change or understands my problem help me out? I know I can alter these other lines and get rid of it but I want to do it the right way this time. Thanks in advance!